1.) Sworn to the Sword

"Eda, I will give you my left lung if you buy two less apple blood cartons than usual." Luz gestures to the eight cartons in Eda's arms.

  "No way, I need these. We're about to fall on some pretty hard times, kid. If these are on sale, I'm taking them before we can't afford them." Eda refuses.

  "You're seriously addicted. King and I can't get you off the roof again." Luz snickers at her mentor.

  "I have enough will power to stay away, I've moved on to one cup in the morning and one at night." Eda starts but Luz completely tunes her out.

  A masked figure with a large sword runs from the balconies of building with a big sword. They swipe it across different ropes and banners fall from each one saying "Join the Rebel Army." Luz had no idea there was a resistance to Belos. Eda notices her apprentice completely not listening and looks to see. Eda's immediately interested too. No one has ever done something like this.

  Hundreds of scouts are chasing this person but they're demeanor seems careless. The crowd watches as they jump off of one of the balconies and starts monkey-barring across the bottom of them. They look young, sprightly even. Not to mention they've gotta be around 5'2-5'6.

  They let go and purposefully use one of the shops cloth covers to bounce into the square. They land with a roll, way ahead of the scouts before running off into the market area. They stop running right next to Luz and Eda to see this purple and shiny rock. Luz is too starstruck to say anything and frankly, so is Eda.

  "Hm, shiny." The person with a feminine voice shoves it in their pocket before dropping ten snails on the counter. "I need this job to eat, gotta eat to live, you get it. I'd explain more if I had time, bye!"

  And with that, they're gone. The scouts make a mess among the market on the way out to go find this person. Luz is still so shocked and interested at the same time.

  "You wanna go follow them, don't you?" Eda laughs at Luz's expression.

  "More than anything in the world."

  They follow after this person in the same direction. Everything is covered by trees so it's difficult to see. They take Owlbert to fly above the tree and see from higher up. Luz wants to be just like them. A cool, teenage, vigilante with a dark side? That's the dream come true. And this person obviously doesn't like Belos.

  Suddenly, she can see movement. The trees part way as the person flies on their palisman. Neither Luz or Eda can make out what it is but the rebel is speeding off into the distance. Eda starts flying after but not too quickly. They're still a good distance behind so the person won't see. Luz is anxious and excited to meet this mystery person. She's also convinced she's about to make a new best friend.

  There's a big wall of mist the person flies straight through. Eda thinks for a moment about what to do. Should they go through it or should they turn around? She doesn't want to put Luz in danger again. But then again, Luz is a curious kid and it's better that she explores this with Eda instead of sneaking out like she has previously.

  When they go through the mist, everything is different. There's a big building and a tower beside each other with vines along the side. By the time they get over there, they see the person land on the side of some stairs beside the big building. There's a balcony sort of area met by two stairs on either side just above the door. They remove the mask and Luz's jaw immediately falls to the floor.

  It's a young girl, around 15 or 16 with long, curly, hair and tan skin. She places her palisman against the wall before beginning to walk up the stairs. Eda lands carefully in the shadows of the building. Luz can't jump off of Owlbert quick enough to listen and see what's happening. Eda follows behind with quiet footsteps.