18.) Where You Are

"So, you know how you said we should kidnap Eda?" Raine asks as soon as Ellie opens her door.

  "I swear it was just a joke." She rolls her eyes.

  "You might wanna come to the basement." They smile awkwardly.

  "Raine? You didn't, right?" She asks wearily.

  "Kind of?" They shrug.

  "Lead the way." She shuts the door behind her.

  "But you have to act cool. The BATs are here and we finally have everyone at our home base so I planned an entrance. But Eda is already downstairs." They explain as they start walking. "Good thing you're already in your armor, you look perfect for the intense entrance."

  "If Eda's already here who is the entrance for?" She asks.

  "The other human and their demon. My reputation as the cool step-parent starts now. Even if Eda hasn't asked me out and I haven't asked her out. Who should do it If I broke up with her first? It should be me, right? So she doesn't feel like she's overstepping?" They rant.

  "Yeah, probably. But she's a free spirit and does whatever she wants." Ellie shrugs.

  "Okay, cool. Anyways, Darius is gonna open the door because he insists on looking cool too. All you have to do is stand there and wave or do something cool. Maybe sharpen your sword or something." They suggest.

  "Very theatrical. I don't get it but I respect it." She assures.

  "Perfect. Okay, when we walk in don't be alarmed if Lilith bows to you. I wanted to mess with her so Eda and I told her that when you walk in she has to show you her utmost respect." They laugh.

  "Good lord, she tends to go too far with authority figures." Ellie jokes.

  "I know, she's been doing it since Hexside." They tease. "Okay, we're here. Luz isn't yet though so you don't have to act super cool yet. But you're always cool, it's unfair. I think you have the cool angsty teenager look working for you."

  "I always do, Raine. I always do." She whispers before pushing open the door.

  "Lieutenant Martinez, thank you so much for accepting us here!" Lilith bows immediately and everyone starts laughing.

  "Oh, um thank you. You don't have to do that though we don't really do that here." She tries to hold in her laughter.

  "Not again!" She looks straight at Raine and Eda.

  "Hey, everyone." Ellie laughs while walking inside more.

  "They should be pulling up any minute now," Darius announces. "If any of you embarrass me, I swear to Titan."

  "Don't be so negative, it's the CATs' time to shine." Raine laughs.

  "Never call us that. We can come up with a better name!" Darius complains.

  "Fine, I won't say it. I promise." They smirk mischievously.

  "We can be called the Hooty Horde!" Hooty shouts.

  "No one wants that," King yells back.

  "There she is everyone, stop fighting," Darius says hopping off of a rock he was sitting on.

  The carriage comes to a stop as he climbs on top to sit down. Ellie walks over to stand next to Cap near the left but the door swings open. Darius doesn't even have the chance to open it. But he uses abomination goo to grab her.

  "Where is she? Take me to Eda! If you touch a single feather on her head, I'll... I'll..." Luz shouts and struggles in the goo.

  "Luz, Luz! It's okay." Eda laughs as Luz finally opens her eyes and looks around.