20.) Now or Never

A/N: ellie and luz jinxing themselves for 2000+ words gay

"All of the drama of today is like almost gone." Luz sighs.

"No, I know. Like, I was glad for a few minutes but now it's like, what's going on?" Ellie agrees.

"Maybe it's cause I already finished carving my Palisman," Luz suggests.

"What did you carve?"

"An egg. Kind of. Whatever my Palisman is is gonna hopefully, hatch out of the egg." Luz explains.

"Wanna go to my place and paint our nails? They just added The Lorax to Netflix." Ellie asks.

"Dude, is that even a question? I love The Lorax." Luz answers excitedly.

"We're only a few hallways down, let's go." Ellie laughs and starts leading the way.

Everyone's just coming back from dinner so no one notices them sneaking off. Tensions are still high but almost everyone has calmed down. Amber and Hooty are still hyped up as usual but at least they aren't making fun of everyone. But anyone could tell that everyone is still scared. It's understandable, even Ellie and Luz are scared.

Ellie goes first to open the door but lets Luz in first. She shuts the door behind her and steps in her place. Finally, it feels like she can breathe. Luz starts to set up the movie while Ellie goes to get the nail polish from her room. One last normal night. She's really glad Luz is so willing to hang out with her. It's nice to look at someone who actually looks like you. The witches here aren't too far off but the ears are noticeable.

She walks back out with a small container of nail polish. Luz is already sitting by the coffee table across from the phone. She even set up the glass pane to make it bigger like last time. Ellie takes a seat beside Luz on the carpet as the movie starts. It's nice that moments like these remind her of who she is. A dumb teenager who likes watching kid's movies.

"What color are you thinking?" She asks Luz.

"Something fun but also shows that I have a dark side. Maybe purple? Green? But I don't want to look like a villain, I'm too nice for that. What about you?" Luz asks this time.

"Probably black. So I look cool and intimidating by my hands but when you look up I look way less intimidating and easy to talk to." Ellie nods and grabs the container.

"Sometimes it's like, are we the same person?" Luz laughs.

"Exactly, like we're too much alike." Ellie agrees.

"Not just that, look at Hunter and Amity. We obviously have a type." She snickers.

"I hope they're okay tomorrow. Same with Willow and Gus." Ellie adds.

"I don't know how I'm gonna be able to explain any of this in the human realm. My mom would probably cry." Luz admits. "Everyone in my town knows about the two brothers who got taken by witches. I'm starting to think I know a little too much about them."

"Where are you from?" Ellie asks.

"Connecticut. Boring, I know." She laughs.

"I'm from California. If I talked about everything in the demon realm they would all assume I'm lying for attention." She jokes.

"Were you there for all that Frog-vasion stuff?" She asks.

"It was a few weeks before I came here, actually. But I literally have no idea. I don't remember a lot of stuff about my life before here. That show about it is pretty good though." Ellie laughs and begins to open the nail polish container. "I don't think I've ever cried that much in a season finale. It makes me worried about season three."