35e.) Letting Go

"You have everything? Because if you forgot something, there's no going back. Check your backpack again if you have to." Cap worries.

  "I have everything. I bet you aren't gonna miss fussing over me like this, huh?" She teases.

  "I'm gonna miss everything, kiddo. Even if you did blast your music really loud." He tries to smile but he's already crying.

  "Don't cry yet, it's not goodbye time until everyone is here." She smiles softly and pats his back.

  "Are you ready to go home?" Luz asks.

  "Not at all, but it's time," Ellie admits.

  "Same here." Luz sighs.

  "No moping, you two. When we see each other again I want to hear about all the partying you did in the human realm. Even if you come back as old ladies." Eda comes up behind them.

  "I doubt either of us is gonna do more partying than we did here." Luz laughs.

  "Be safe whole partying though. You know, don't leave your drinks alone, always let your friends know where you are, don't get into a stranger's car." William adds.

  "Yes, all of that. You won't have guidance from the Bad Girl Coven so I trust you to make good decisions. Or bad decisions. Don't do anything I wouldn't do but also don't do anything I would do. You'll figure it out." Eda nudges them both.

  "The party's here!" The Collector somersaults over to the group.

  "Speak of the devil." Eda jokes.

  "Is everyone else almost here?" Ellie asks.

  "Yep! I just ran ahead of them so I can open the portal so you know I'm not fibbing." He smiles before turning around and lifting his hand. "And...boop!" He says as a big space opens, revealing the green grass and blue skies.

  "This is really happening," Luz whispers.

  "Are you sure you wanna do this?" Ellie asks.

  "I'm sure. Are you sure?" Luz asks.

  "I'm sure too." Ellie nods as the group makes it up the hill.

  "Why did we have to go up a hill for this?" Lilith complains.

  "Because of the scenic view!" Luz smiles.

  "It's poetic." Ellie teases.

  "Okay but it is." Luz laughs.

  "Does that mean it's time to say goodbye?" King asks, crawling on Luz's shoulder.

  "It looks like it." Eda smiles sadly. "Luz, you've made such a difference in my life. I could never thank you enough for everything you did for me, King, and Lilith. Heck, even Hooty. If you ever need anything, if you find a way, you always have your old room. And you know, if you ever have a craving for griffin eggs, I'm here."

  "I love you, Eda." Luz cries.

  "I love you too, kid."

  "I don't want to say goodbye to you," Cap tells Ellie with his arms crossed.

  "So, don't. I'll see you soon, Captain. It was an honor serving with and for you." She winks despite the tears in her eyes. "I love you and I'm gonna miss you so much. Thank you for taking me and giving me a place to stay, a family. Speaking of, Terry! Get over here." She laughs as the scrawny man comes running over.

  "Ellie!" He throws himself into her arms.

  "I'm gonna miss you so much, Terry." She squeezes him.