6.) First Day of School is the Worst Day of School

"You picked Oracle?" Luz asks as the four of them walk to school.

  "Yeah, I like purple." Ellie shrugs.

  "Lucky for you, today is my Oracle day! Since I'm in every track I just go to one per day." Luz mentions excitedly.

  "That's cool. It's nice how you can try out different things before they force you into a coven." Ellie sarcastically quips.

  "It's weird but I'm just glad I get to learn everything I can before I get home." Luz shares. "So there are four classes a day. You go to two for almost two hours each, go to lunch, and then two more. First, we have intro to Oracle. Second, telepathic communication and spirit entities. Third, gym so pretty basic. Fourth, is an off-period since we're human. I like to go watch Grudgby practice but there are other things you can do."

  "Sick, let's go." Ellie laughs as they finally reach the school.

  The students don't pay any attention to them as they walk in despite their ears. The school is pretty big and Ellie without a doubt feels out of place. School in the human realm wasn't her place at all. But this beats training every other hour.

  The Oracle classroom is pretty weird. But there's purple everywhere so that makes it more comforting. She takes a seat beside Luz near the back just as the bell rings. The teacher wears a long purple robe with a black dress underneath. She seems nice but Ellie isn't one hundred percent convinced about anything here.

  "Good morning, students." She greets.

  "Good morning, Mrs. Gholist." Everyone answers back.

  "Everyone pull out your notebooks and write the date on a new page." She asks and everyone starts moving.

  Ellie reaches into the backpack the Captain gave her. She arrived in the Isles with her old school backpack but that one is completely beyond repair. She still had her Spider-man notebooks from middle school so she decided to use those.

  "No way, you like Spider-man?" Luz asks with a big smile.

  "I wanted to be him when I grew up." Ellie snickers back.

  "Your writing prompt for today is your deepest wish or dream. You have thirty minutes and you may talk, just not too loud." She smiles and starts a timer for everyone to see.

  Luz stares at her paper and Ellie takes notice. Her face seems a little sad like her dream is bad or she's unsure. Ellie has no idea what to write about but Luz looks like she just doesn't want to. She wants to make Luz feel better and she has an idea. Hopefully, Luz has seen this movie.

  "I'm malicious, mean, and scary. My sneer could curdle dairy. And violence-wise, my hands are not the cleanest. But despite my evil look, and my temper, and my hook, I've always yearned to be a concert pianist." She sings quietly and Luz perks up.

  "Tangled! Man, I haven't thought about that movie in a long time." She laughs. "I'm sure if you wrote that down and showed everyone at home they would believe it."

  "Probably. We should just write down lyrics from that song instead of having to think about it." Ellie suggests.

  "That's a good idea!" Luz laughs. "Can't you see me on the stage performing Mozart? Tickling the ivories 'til they gleam. Yep, I'd rather me called deadly for my killer show-tune medley." She sings back.

  "It's nice to talk about this. Finally, someone to understand my references." Ellie jokes.

  "Wait so what year did you get here?"

  "Um, 2017?"

  "So, you haven't seen Frozen 2?" Luz says with her jaw on the floor.

  "There's a second one?" Ellie asks equally as shocked.