15.) Hollow Mind (1/2)

It's a dark night and windy. Darius, Eberwolf, Ellie, Cap, and Raine walk together through the night market. It's finally time for their plan to unfold.

  "This is crazy. What are we doing? Why did I agree to this?" Darius starts panicking.

  "Do you want to save the world?" Raine asks and Darius drops his head. "That's what I thought. You need to think positive or else we can't work together."

  "That's true. When you start being negative it throws everyone off." Ellie shrugs.

  "Okay, okay. I can do this, we can do this." Darius tries to think positively.

  "Here we are. Eber, you can start the ritual, right?" The Captain asks and receives a thumbs up. "Perfect, we'll keep lookout. Good luck, you three. Call if you need anything."

  "See you, nerds, on the flip-side." Ellie winks before turning to walk away with Cap.

  No one seems suspicious of what's happening. Ellie and Cap don't even have major disguises. Just cloaks with hoods over their heads. The cloaks aren't even closed, they just wear normal clothes underneath. Ellie's wearing baggy jeans and a Kate Bush shirt on display with the cloak.

  "I'll be right back, I think I see a scout. Are you good holding down the fort?" Cap asks.

  "Totally. See you in a minute." She nods. She watches him walk pretty far away until she can't see him anymore. That's already a terrible omen. She stands to the side to lean against a wall as she waits for William's return.

  "All ready?" Raine asks.

  "Halt! For crimes against the Emperor, you are under arrest!" Hunter pops out of nowhere and yells at everyone and she instinctively pulls out her sword. Hunter's face changes for a moment when he sees the signature sword.

  "Hunter!" Luz pounces up on Hunter from behind, causing both of them to crash into the ground. "Hey! Can I bug you with a few questions?"

  "Run, I got this," Ellie whispers to the three behind her. She then takes off behind Luz and Hunter and sticks her sword back. She throws her cloak on the ground and tries to sneak behind the two.

  "Human?" Hunter yells at Luz. Raine proceeds to start playing their flute and create a smokescreen to make the perfect getaway.

  "No, no, no! Stop! I forbid you to flee!" Hunter yells. By the time the smoke disperses, Raine, Darius and Eberwolf are all gone. Hunter groans in frustration then turns around and takes off his mask as Ellie walks up with a big grin.

  "Human! Do you know what you've just done?" Hunter yells as Ellie runs up to them.

  "Hey guys, good to see you!" She says fake happily. "Let's step off of this thing and go talk out our issues to the side."

  Hunter takes out his staff but accidentally steps onto something. A big component of the spell. The glass shatters causing it to start glowing. He glances downwards and notices that he had stepped on a neon yellow vial and the liquid flashes brightly.

  "Uh... what's that?" Luz asks worriedly.

  "You guys are idiots." Ellie groans and slaps her hands over her face.

  The circles all three are standing in start flashing brightly. Ellie just stands there with wide eyes knowing what's happening. She can practically hear Darius scolding her already. The light then wraps them up and shoots up into the night sky, creating a firework.

  They're all thrown to the floor of a big and regal mindscape. She sits up to see what's going on. Hunter and Luz still lay on the floor but Hunter's eyes are open. He slowly sits up and immediately makes eye contact with his girlfriend.