24e.) Homebound

"Maybe we shouldn't do this one." The girl suggests.

  "What? This one looks legit though. A magical world that can grant your truest desires if admitted sounds like a bunch of bs though." Ellie shrugs.

  "Maybe Mars is right. This seems a little sketchy." The other one tries.

  "If you guys wanna be babies about it then I and Carol will just go. Right?" She turns to the other girl with an unsure face.

  "Um, yeah, sure. What's the worst that could happen?" She says unsurely.

  "Last chance, do you guys wanna try it? After this, we can do the dumb ones like Bloody Mary." Ellie laughs and the nervous ones give small nods. "That's my girls. I knew you would come around."

  "Ellie, wake up!" Amity shakes her as all of the kids stand over her.

  "Jesus Christ, you fight a tyrant and can't even sleep for a few hours." Elle groans trying to forget the dream.

  "Luz is missing and there's a strange noise coming from the kitchen," Gus explains.

  "She went missing in her own house?" Ellie asks, finally sitting up.

  "It happens all the time. Can you go check for us what's happening?" Hunter asks.

  "This is your realm." Willow shrugs.

  "Fine. But I promise you guys she's fine." She stands up.

  "Thanks, girl. You're the best." Gus smiles as she walks out the door.

  She walks out and immediately hears the sizzling that was probably scaring them. Luz sits on a stool behind the counter just talking to her mom with a small smile. Vee seems to be getting plates or something from the cabinet. Ellie tiredly walks back to the room to see the three witches nervously waiting.

  "It's just food cooking. Luz is talking to her mom from the counter." She explains before tossing herself back on the floor.

  "Can we go out there?" Amity asks.

  "If you want to. You guys are safe here, it's just as if you were staying at the Owl House. Except for a different maternal figure and a different realm." She says calmly.

  "Okay, anyone else coming?" Amity asks on the way out.

  "Right behind you." Willow nods as Gus follows behind her.

  "Is something wrong?" Hunter asks.

  "Nah, I'm good. Just a weird dream. I think this place is making things come back to me." She admits.

  "That's good...right?" He tries.

  "Um, yeah. It's good." She nods.

  "Do you wanna head out with them? Maybe we can go explore the human realm today. Obviously, we'd have to cover our ears but it could be fun." He suggests holding out a hand to help her up.

  "Totally." She smiles while taking his hand and standing up.

  He starts walking out when she realizes her phone is beeping again. She picks it up to see more messages coming in. It seems like they haven't stopped.

10/11/2017
talia <3: where are you guys?
i don't know where i am
i thought this wasn't gonna work

10/12/2017
marsha: i just got mugged by this lady with really big hair
i'm scared

11/21/2017
ro: my stupid phone got all wet
i landed outside this big castle last month
has anyone heard from ellie?

  "What did I do?" She whispers while scrolling through the messages.