28e.) Hollywood Bound

"No one forgot anything, right? You have your toothbrushes, socks, everything?" Camila asks as she backs out of the driveway.

  "We're all set!" Luz nods. "Amity, Gus, are you doing okay in the trunk?"

  "Gus fell asleep but yeah, all good." Amity gives a thumbs up.

  "We've been in the car for two seconds." Willow laughs.

  "We're running late, our flight starts boarding in an hour." Camila announces.

  "Sorry, it was harder to wake up since our flight is so early." Luz yawns.

  "Well, we are flying across the country. I just wanted to make sure we had some time when we got there. It's about a six hour flight so we should get there around twelve." Camila explains.

  "I can't sit still for six hours." Luz complains.

  "Sorry, cariño. Driving would've been forty four hours." She shrugs.

  "It's okay. May-haps the pilot will let me go into the cockpit!" Luz cheers.

  "Maybe five years ago." Camila jokes.

  "Accurate." Luz accepts it.

  "We have to go through security as quickly as we can. All you have to do is take off your shoes and belt, put them in a bin, and put your bags up there too. And make sure your little animals are in the wood form or whatever." Camila explains.

  "Who are we sitting with?" Vee asks.

  "The seats are in rows of three. It's Willow, Gus, and me in one row. The next row is Vee, Luz, and Amity. And then Ellie and Hunter, I hope it's okay that you're sitting alone. I figured since you're both older it would be okay. And so every group can have one human." Camila goes on.

  "That's okay, thank you." Ellie smiles.

  "We're almost to the airport, everyone!" Luz says excitedly.

  "Vacation time!" Vee cheers.

  "My cousin works for the airline so we didn't have to pay much for these tickets." Camila smiles.

  "We're flying first class in my heart." Luz sighs.

  "At least we're flying. With so many people, we're staying at Days Inn." Camila laughs.

  "At least it's not a Motel 6." Luz jokes.

  They continue the rest of the drive tiredly chatting. The streets are basically empty because it's five in the morning so it really doesn't take long. Being with each other for the past two weeks has made them all much closer. Like they all know now that Luz sings in her sleep. So a plane ride should be no big deal. Only assuming that Luz doesn't fall asleep.

  Even Camila is tired as they park and start to unload the car. Everyone has a small suitcase and any other personal item they wanted. Just obviously no weapons. The shuttle ride isn't too bad other than Gus letting his bag go and it slid to the back of the shuttle. But once they make it to the airport, they only have fifteen minutes until boarding starts.

  Hunter, Gus, Willow, and Amity look around the airport in awe. They can't see everything for too long because Camila, Luz, Ellie, and Vee are running to get to security. They get their boarding passes scanned and all get ready to go through security. Camila waits in the back to help everyone if they need it while Luz and Ellie go first so everyone can copy them.

  They stare in shock as their bags go through the machine and get sent right back out. But they couldn't be less trusting of the metal detector machine. It just looks sketchy. Amity's especially distrusting as she side-eyes the TSA agent telling her to walk through.