16.) Hollow Mind (2/2)

Behind them, Kid Belos is standing in a circle made out of rope and surrounded by multiple arrows and bottles of liquids. Must be some kind of potion. He then breaks a Golden Guard mask in half and throws it into the fire.

"Hey! Stop that!" Luz runs towards Kid Belos and drags him away from the fire. Hunter then proceeds to stomp out the fire. "Why would he do that?"

Something floats past Hunter's foot and he gets into a defensive posture. Multiple strands of this unknown substance float towards the rope circle, then form into Inner Belos. He starts screeching loudly. Its body appears to be made of dozens of small, screaming, animal-like figures. Palisman.

"Are those Palismen?" Ellie and Luz speak at the same time.

"We weren't running from the Inner Belos. He was with us, the whole time." Hunter says and they look back at Kid Belos. Kid Belos is facing away from them and crying.

As quickly as it started, it turns into a maniacal laughter as he takes out a wooden sword and strikes the rope on the ground. It starts transferring some sort of energy into the circle where the Palisman figure is at. This activates it and launches the bottles onto the figure. The rope then tightens around the figure, causing it to crash to the ground. They turn around to look at Kid Belos, who proceeds to transform himself into Adult Inner Belos.

"Hello, Hunter. Hello, Luz. Hello, Elizabeth." He says creepily. "Ah. I was finally able to catch it. This thing's been a thorn in my side for years. All these weepy Palismen souls. Their voices constantly nagging me. Vile. But without them, I wouldn't be able to do THIS."

Inner Belos transforms his left arm into some sort of goo and squeezes the Palisman. It's horrifying and gross as Inner Belos destroys the Palisman in front of them.

"Ah. I'm feeling better already. Thank you for distracting it." Belos speaks again.

"What did you do to the other guards? To our family?! It wasn't wild magic, was it?" Hunter shakily asks as Luz and Ellie watch in horror.

"What a shame. Out of all the Grimwalkers, you looked the most like him." Belos says and Ellie's phone drops to the ground.

"What?" Hunter suddenly begins getting dragged down into the ground.

"Hunter!" The two remaining yell.

Luz takes off her jacket and tosses it towards Hunter for him to grab on. Belos' pull is too strong. Ellie grabs onto Luz and starts pulling too, but he still gets dragged downwards. Belos is too powerful.

"No, no, no!" Luz holds onto her jacket trying to pull Hunter out, but they gets dragged towards him instead. "You're gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay. Just... hang on! Just..." Despite their best efforts, Hunter still gets sucked into the ground along with her jacket.

She falls towards the ground and lands on her knees and elbows. Ellie lands on one knee with both hands on the floor. Both Luz and Ellie have tears in their eyes from everything that just happened. But just like another time, Ellie is frozen in fear.

"I was really expecting him to last longer than the others." Belos says carelessly.

"We're gonna tell everyone about the Day of Unity, that you've been lying about the Titan for years!" Luz yells.

"Yes, this has gone on longer than I'd have liked. But no one ever said being a witch hunter was easy." Belos continues.

"Witch...hunter?" Ellie trembles and looks up at Belos.

"So all this time, people have been mindlessly helping a WITCH HUNTER? How could they be tricked so easily?" Luz goes on.

"I wouldn't be so judgmental, if I were you." Inner Belos proceeds to summon a picture frame from the ground behind Luz. It shows some memories that somehow involve Luz.