32e.) Escape to the Demon Realm

"Thank god, we're back. I don't think Amity could get any more sunburnt." Luz sighs as she tosses her bag on the couch.

"I look like a tomato." Amity laughs.

"I hate to say it but can we talk about a way to get back to the demon realm?" Gus asks.

"Ah! We might have a way, everyone let's go to the house before it's dark. And you know, grab your stuff in case it works." Luz gasps and stands up. "Elle, bring your laptop, I'll go get the mirror."

"What is this about?" Hunter asks as Ellie reaches into her bag.

"I get to relive a bad memory! Woohoo." Ellie jokes. "It's okay though, it's worth it."

"I can uh, go grab your swords if you want." He offers.

"Thanks. But please don't drop them again." She smiles while finally pulling the laptop out before he walks towards Luz's room.

"Also, I'm not exactly telling my mom about this so keep it on the down low," Luz says quieter.

"Are we ready?" Gus asks while standing by the door.

"I'm ready," Hunter says as he comes back with two swords but coming to a quick stop, they almost go flying.

"Thank you," Ellie says quickly as she stops them from falling.

"I'm ready." Amity nods.

"Me too." Willow agrees.

"Let's go!" Luz smiles as Gus opens the door.

The house is exactly as they left it. No new portal or anything mythical inside. Just a boring old house. The sun is still out for now as they all sit down on the grass in front of the house. It brings back the old memories of when they first came to the human realm. Ellie logs into her laptop with her swords in their rightful place on her back now. Everyone else just waits anxiously. Especially Gus who's sweating like crazy.

The tab finally pulls up with the instructions laid out. It looks totally fake and borderline stupid. The instructions are something out of a bad modern-day horror film. But this is their only choice and it's worked before.

"This is way more cult-ish than I remember. We have to sit in a circle with the mirror in the middle." Ellie reads as they all start to form the circle.

"What now? Do we have to hold hands and chant?" Luz jokes.

"Yeah, actually. And we have to visualize." Ellie explains.

"What exactly are we doing though?" Gus asks.

"The object of the Mirror Game is to transfer yourself and at least two others to a magical terrain. If you make it, your deepest wish will be granted." She reads before looking back up. "How was I supposed to know this is real? This looks like bullshit if I've ever seen any."

"Just keep reading," Luz whispers with her thinking face on.

"Step 1, form a circle sitting on the ground with a small mirror in the center and hold the hands of those beside you. While the game is in progress, don't let go of their hands or the person's hand you let go of will be missing when you return. Step 2, Everyone closes their eyes and imagines they are in a room filled with mirrors. You must do this seriously or else it will not work. While the game is in progress, do not open your eyes. Step 3, say the chant and visualize waking up in the land of your dreams or in our case, the demon realm. Then that's it." She continues.

"Elle, the directions on how to get back?" Hunter asks.

"Not again, that's how I got stuck in the demon realm last time. It says you just do everything again backwards except the mirror must be facing the floor instead of the sky." She shrugs. "Oh, and it has some rules for the mirror room. Don't let go of anyone's hand, don't open your eyes, don't blow out any candles in the mirror room, and don't look behind you. Gosh, that's not creepy at all. At the very bottom it says, the Mirror Game can be very dangerous. We recommend that you do not play it unless you memorize all of the rules beforehand. A mistake could cost you your life."