4.) Off With My Head

Music blasts from Ellie's apartment. A usual Sunday morning tradition. Griffin eggs are on the stove and she's dancing while waiting for them to cook. Old 70s and 80s songs her mom used to sing are filling the room. She uses her socks to slide around the floor as she claps her hands and shuffles her feet.

  "Last dance, last chance for love. Yes, it's my last chance for romance tonight. Woah-oh! I need you by me, beside me to guide me. To hold me, to scold me. Cause when I'm bad, I'm so, so bad. So let's dance the last dance. So let's dance the last dance. So let's dance the last dance tonight!" She practically screams instead of singing. The music pauses and her cheeks go bright red as she turns around to see the Captain at the door.

  "I knocked twenty times, Lieutenant." He grumbles. The last thing Captain William is is a morning person.

  "Sorry! You know I always listen to music on Sundays." She crosses her arms.

  "Teenagers." He mumbles to himself. "It's about time you take on a little bit more. And by that I mean, my back is killing me and I'm gonna go get it looked at. So, I need you to take over one of my meetings but this one is most important. It's with one of the head witches. It's more than likely a trap so I trust you to not fall for any tricks. Will you be able to help?" He asks.

  "Definitely. Which witch?" She, embarrassingly enough, makes herself laugh.

  "The new head witch of the bard coven." He informs without laughing at her last statement.

  "Is that even real?"

  "Yes, it's real. And it would do you some good to lose the ego and read up on it because this witch isn't one to mess with." He assures.

  "Alright, alright. What time do I have to be there?" She asks as she walks over to move her eggs.

  "Two hours in my office. Don't bother my abominations, they're working hard to fix my bookshelf. I didn't ask, how did yesterday go?" He asks and she immediately cringes. She broke both of his rules.

  "Great! I didn't kill anyone or anything so that's the good thing we should focus on." She grins nervously.

  "What happened?" He huffs and walks over to one of her chairs.

  "You know how you told me to especially stay away from the Golden Guard?" She keeps the smile and he rolls his eyes.

  "Ellie, what did you do?"

  "It totally wasn't my fault. So, it turns out the ship I boarded was one of the Emperor's ships. Because I briefly became a bounty hunter and had to go kill the Selkidomus."

  "You killed the Selkidomus?" He yells.

  "No! I didn't kill anything or anyone, remember? Anyways, just my luck, Goldie was on the boat and I kind of...foughthimandcompletelygaveawaymystatusintheresistancewhichisexactlywhatyoutoldmenottodo."

  "Stop mumbling, Lieutenant. I can't understand you when you mumble."

  "I FOUGHT HIM AND COMPLETELY GAVE AWAY MY STATUS IN THE RESISTANCE WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU TOLD ME NOT TO DO." She yells in embarrassment.

  "Oh, my Titan. You're running sixty laps tomorrow for one. Two, what has gotten into you? You never give away information that easily. And there's a reason I didn't want you near the Golden Guard. There are some things you don't know about him and Belos." He scolds.

  "I know, I know. But I've got everything under control." She assures.

  "Don't make me have to bail you out. I'll see you later, send someone to come get me if you need help at the meeting. At the same meeting, I'm seriously rethinking after what you just told me. But it's alright, I'm calm and not having a heart attack. Be careful." He nods on his way out the door before shutting it behind him.