23.) The New Normal

A/N: a few days before FTF so here is your thanks to them/time skip content! from now on, the original ending i wrote is gonna have "e" after the chapter number to show the original ending. hope you enjoy! (don't be alarmed, some of the chapters from here until the actual thanks to them episode chapter are either the same or similar to the original one)

-
-
-
-

"I hope the food was good. I know it's not much." Camila sheepishly apologizes.

  "It was amazing. I've never tasted something with so much...flare." Amity smiles.

  "That checks out." Camila smiles before standing up. "I'll get these dishes out of the way for you all and then we can get your beds set up soon."

  "I'll help!" Gus volunteers.

  "Me too. Here, can you hand me your cups?" Amity holds her hand out to Ellie and Hunter for the dishes.

  "Amity, your hand!" Ellie gasps and takes her hand to look at it.

  "It's no big deal, I'll be fine. I mean, I don't really know any healing magic but it'll be okay." Amity shrugs nervously.

  "It could get infected, we were outside and your hands were on the floor." Ellie tries.

  "I can get Amity a bandaid." Luz says quietly.

  "I'll help clean your hand." Willow offers.

  "I'll help with the table while you do that." Ellie offers and stands up while Willow and Amity walk away.

  "Wait," Hunter grabs Ellie's wrist before she can walk away. "Have you inspected the Noceda household?"

  "Huh?"

  "Is this a suitable living establishment for us? You're the human, you know more." He asks firmly.

  "It's perfect considering we have no where else," She jokes. "But seriously, it's fine. We're safe here for now."

  "For now?"

  "I've seen a lot of media like this, something bad is gonna happen whether it's here or the demon realm. Maybe a Witte-relative tries to hunt everyone or the Collector possesses someone. I don't know." She shrugs.

  "How do we know the Collector can even do that?" He asks.

  "How do we know he can't?"

  "I need to go talk to Luz about the whole...G-word thing. Stay safe." He nods before dropping her wrist.

  "After the dishes, let's talk at the table!" Camila calls to the house as Ellie starts to collect the plates.

  "Ellie, ven aquí, por favor!" Camila calls from the kitchen. Ellie quickly grabs the remaining plates before walking into the kitchen. Amity taps her foot while waiting by the tea kettle as the rest of them continue to clean up.

  "I'm here, do you need help with the dishes?" She asks nervously while holding the plates out.

  "No, no, it's okay! I found this in the basement a few weeks ago for your swords! I know it's meant for toys but I figured it would work to hold them for now!" Camila holds out two different plastic sword sheaths, one red and one purple.

  "It's perfect! Thank you." Ellie says happily. She already has a place to store the swords but the offer was so nice, the original sheaths can go in the trash for all she cares.

  "Also out of curiosity, where are you from? And do you need me to call your parents?" She asks, heading to the cabinet.

  "California. And I don't really remember my parents, sorry." She says awkwardly.