39.) When You Find It

"Eda, do we need-" Raine walks over before stopping dead in their tracks.

"I had no idea you were coming." Eda smiles. Luz quickly runs up and throws her arms around Eda full of emotion.

"I've missed you so much." Luz says with tears in her eyes.

"Ellie? Is that you?" Raine asks with a big smile.

"Sure is." She smiles as tears well up in her eyes. "Can I hug you?"

"Always, always!" They laugh before pulling her into a tight hug. "You look great! Gosh, you've grown up so much."

"Raine, you have to tell me something really important." Ellie starts.

"Shoot."

"Did I miss the Raeda wedding?"

"Unfortunately, you did." They sigh.

"No!" She laughs.

"You've been okay? The human realm been treating you well?" They ask.

"I've been okay. What about you?"

"I've been more than okay! The CATs had a reunion brunch just yesterday." They smile wider than before.

"Princess of Power! Wow, you're old." Eda smiles as she walks over. "Did you know Luz was gonna cry this much?"

"I had a feeling. It's good to see you, Eda." Ellie smiles. They both go in for a hug. It doesn't last as long but it's still nice. "Have you heard what she's doing nowadays?"

"I'm a writer! I'm working on this book about the demon realm called The Owl House." Luz says excitedly.

"Wow, that's great!" Raine says happily.

"That's wonderful, kid." Eda smiles. "You guys have to come back to the Owl House."

"That sounds nice." Luz smiles.

"How's everyone doing?" Ellie asks as Eda and Raine start leading the way out of the market.

"Everyone's been doing alright. Goops and Leaf girl teach at Hexside now, believe it or not." Eda tells them.

"No way! That's so cool!" Luz gasps.

"Do you guys wanna hear about THEM?"
Raine asks with a smirk.

"Who?" Ellie asks.

"THEM, Elle." Luz nudges her.

"OH." She says a little too loudly.

"Boots and the Beat-up blonde have been moping nonstop. Hunter was actually doing okay for a while but we sent him to check on Amity and now they're like two peas in a pod." Eda sighs while Luz just stares in shock. Ellie can practically read her mind so she decides to speak for her.

"Is Amity okay?" Ellie asks.

"She's alright. But Odalia left her with the business when she died so she stays locked in that manor all the time."

"Wow, that's really surprising." Ellie sighs and looks back to Luz who has a small frown.

"You two still got your Palisman?" Raine asks.

"Yep, I could never leave Ivy behind." Ellie smiles as the frog comes out of hiding and hops along her arm.

"Hecate missed her home." Luz tries to smile.

"Hopefully, you still remember how to get to the Owl House. If not, just follow us." Eda teases.

"How could I forget? I miss the Owl House." Luz sighs.