11.) Doing Time

"Your armor is finally fixed," William says calmly as he steps into the room holding it on a hanger.

  "Yes!" She yells excitedly as she runs to grab it.

  "But now that means it's time to go forward with our previous mission." He nods at her and she stops.

  "Ah, the mission you never explained to me." She teases.

  "Put on your armor and let's go so I can explain it to you. Because it's just the two of us going today. I've sent some soldiers to do things to make sure this goes as planned but you still need to pay attention." He rants.

  "Yeah, yeah, whatever. I got this, Willy. Have some faith in me." She insists before nonchalantly walking into the bathroom.

  "I always have faith in you." He yells loud enough for her to hear from the bathroom. "And don't call me Willy!"

  "Yeah, I know. You're a big softie even if you won't admit it." She calls back.

  "You can't act so cocky if this is gonna work." He complains.

  "And I still don't know where we're going." She says walking out of the bathroom in her armor now.

  "Let's go to my office and I'll explain." Captain William immediately starts walking to the door.

  Soldiers' voices take over the whole building. They must've come from the weapon room. Today something important is happening, that's all anyone knows. Everything else is pretty much in the dark. Ellie's usually the one to tell everyone things but Cap is gonna do it today.

  She knows that the two of them are supposed to have the hardest jobs. It makes her feel a little uneasy because of how intense today feels. But if he thinks she's the most capable, she can do this and make all of them proud. For a long time, she's wanted another shot to prove that she can be helpful with all of this. The Day of Unity is coming soon and she has to prove to herself too that she can do this.

  She can see all of the soldiers lining up in the foyer as she steps into the office. The abominations are still sorting through various things around the room. They both take a seat across from each other but Cap seems more focused on the plan.

  "What's going on?" She asks calmly.

   "We're paying a visit to the castle today."

  "I'm sorry, I obviously just hallucinated. We're what?" She asks with wide eyes.

  "There are certain things we need for the Day of Unity. Scout disguises, tools, and other things like that. Me and you, however, are going to the relic room. A long time ago, we were in possession of the Valhalla Sword. It's pure gold and capable of unspeakable things. It was lost for decades but I found out Belos has it in the relics room. We're also gonna sneak into the library and the room where they keep information. The only Soldier staying is Terry. He'll be the lookout while we're in the other rooms dressed as a scout. And you know, we need to try not to get caught. The castle is understaffed because most scouts have gone to Eclipse Lake this morning. Even Kikimora is at Eclipse Lake." He explains and Ellie's jaw has been on the floor for the entire thing.

  "Oh my god. We're really doing this?" She asks with a small smirk.

  "We are. Please be on your best behavior while we're in there." He laughs.

  "When am I not on my best behavior?"

  "I'm not gonna answer that. Let's go tell everyone, I want you standing beside me to show a united front." He nods.

  "Lead the way, your highness." She jokes.

  She shuts the door behind them as he walks quickly to take his place ahead of the crowd. She has to run a little to catch up. Everyone starts asking questions as soon as they both start walking up. Ellie can't help the small smile that resides on her face because this is all the soldiers have wanted forever. She takes her spot with her hands behind her back beside Captain as he readies himself to speak.