13.) Cursing the Daylight

Ellie's alarm blares at exactly five-thirty in the morning. She immediately feels her feet on the floor which is strange because her legs are always on the bed. Then she realizes something in her hand. She then feels the movement beside her and a small noise.

  "Hunter, wake up now!" She yells as she sits up like in The Exorcist.

  "It's my day off, Raine." He mumbles into the side of the mattress.

  "I'm not Raine, Dingus. Wake up." She places her hand on his shoulder and starts shoving him back and forth.

  "Ellie? Why are you in my room so early?" He yells as he sits up.

  "You're in my room! We fell asleep talking about human stuff and I start training in thirty minutes! If someone sees you, I'm dead." She yells back.

  "I fell asleep here? This is bad, this is bad. I have to get home someone might've noticed I wasn't there." He rants and sits up quickly.

  They both stand up but Hunter is more frantic. Even Flapjack had fallen asleep on Hunter's chest. Ellie goes straight to the window to see if anyone is awake or outside yet. All of the lights in the tower are off and no one seems to be wandering around.

  "It's time to make your great escape, blondie. I'll see you soon." She tells him as he walks back over to the sliding doors.

  "See you soon, Lieutenant." He says before kissing her cheek. "Oh, wait!" He moves down to kiss her lips quickly before Flapjack goes into his Palisman form.

  He flies out as quickly as possible and leaves her standing there in shock. In all honesty, she almost forgot about everything last night. Her training outfit is carefully laid out on a chair for this morning.

  She picks it up and goes straight into the bathroom to get ready. Everything has been so crazy lately that she can't even think straight. She's supposed to lead them and tell them what's going on but she doesn't even know. Every day it feels like she's losing more and more control.

  When she's fully ready she steps back into her room. She wears a grey t-shirt with her armor's chest plate and purple shorts. Her hair is up high and her ears are on full display. No point in hiding it now if Belos could come kill her at any moment. Just when she finally lets out a breath, there's knocking at her door. She could tell whose knock it is anywhere.

  She walks calmly out of her room and to the door. It's about time for her to start heading out anyways onto the field. The captain is waiting outside her door when she opens it fully ready as if to join her.

  "We need to talk, kid. Wanna go for a walk?" He asks calmly but something is behind his eyes that looks like worry.

  "Um, yeah, sure." She nods before stepping out into the hallway. She shuts the door and he starts walking just in front of her leading the way.

  "I want to start coming up with plans for the Day of Unity. Did Darius tell you about the draining spell?" He starts.

  "Yeah, it's crazy, right? Why would Belos want to drain their magic?" She asks.

  "I don't know. But this is really bad and we can't get ahold of Whispers right now. Terra Snapdragon has had a close watch on them and we only have one month until the Day of Unity. We have to come up with a plan fast but we also need to look out for our people. We need to tell them what we know and we meet with Darius at lunch." He continues.

  "Does Raine have access to their scroll?" She asks as they make it to the main area ready to go outside.

  "I don't know but it would be dangerous to try and text them. Terra could have their scroll. Darius says he can handle everything with Raine but until then we need to get ready. You will play a big part in stopping the draining spell but I don't want you too close." He sighs.