26.) We'll Meet Again

A/N: reminder that for all intents and purposes in this fic amphibia came out earlier 😟😟

WRITING PROMPT #2: Write to someone you miss or haven't seen in a while

July 7th, 2020

Dear Darius,

It's me, Hunter. Obviously. It's been a minute, a lot of minutes. I don't write letters so if this format is totally off, I'm sorry. Truth is, I don't even know if you're okay while I'm writing this. The last time I saw you was scary. You were unconscious and I couldn't wake you up. Sorry for the reminder if you're okay. That was probably traumatic for you too.

We've been trying to find a way home for the past week and a half. We visit the house we came through every day and hope somehow, someway, the portal will open. But it hasn't been working. I think I'm starting to trust her mom more but it's hard. But I hope you'd be proud of me if you saw how I've been dealing over here. I've been trying new foods, places, and experiences. And I've gone back to my old ways of almost getting killed.

A lot of things here are different. Dare I say, terrifying. Willow and Gus have been adjusting nicely. But I still feel so protective over them. Maybe it's because of flyer-derby.

The six of us have started watching this show together. You know my little pink frog? The one you'd relentlessly make fun of me for? It turns out, he's from a TV show! That's the human version of a crystal ball. It's nice to have something that we can all watch together like that. But in a way, it makes me miss you more. Because I think you'd like it in the human realm. It's nice. The night is quiet and calm but the day is so pretty and bright.

Weirdly, I've been getting along better with Amity. She used to hate me ever since everything I did at Eclipse Lake. But recently she's been bearable. Nice even. The two of us seem more interested in the human show than Willow and Gus. That's probably why we've been getting along so well.

You'll be happy to know that my and everyone else's palisman made it through the portal as well. I don't know what I'd do if Flapjack was still in the demon realm. Did you know Gus' palisman is named Emmiline Bailey Marcostimo? It's kinda weird but it suits the chameleon.

But there's this basilisk that lives in the house. Number five, but she goes by Vee now. Remember when Lilith and I had to spend two days in that dark room for not catching her? Classic. She doesn't like me very much. Scratch that, she doesn't like me at all. I try to help her with the dishes or carrying groceries but she always says no. I just want to make up for hurting her before. Lilith isn't even here for me to throw the blame on.

On a lighter note, it's summer in the human realm! So we don't have to worry about school or anything. Vee has these friends that she hangs out with. Whenever they come over we have to hide our ears again. But it's fine because when the house is busier, I can get away with pretty much anything. The other day, I put a fork in the dishwasher without rinsing it off!

Luz even told them I'm like her older brother. I always wanted siblings but I only had the coven. The scouts were close enough, I guess. Speaking of scouts, you know Steve? I think Gus has a thing for Steve's little brother. He talks about him a lot and it's similar to how Luz and Amity talk about each other.

Speaking of Luz, being in the human realm isn't making her as happy as we thought it would. She smiles in front of her mom and in the car though. But when we're all alone she looks like she's thinking. And you know, feeling. But she keeps making human jokes with Ellie and they talk about human things that no one understands. Like, I don't know what Happy Meal is.

Don't even get me started on Ellie. First of all, I've heard you know her better than I thought. You, Raine, and Eber entertained this the whole time?! I guess I'm glad you did. I don't think I've ever been this happy. Everything is different now that we're here. Her music is different here. A lot calmer and more delicate than before. Maybe it's because she feels safer here than over there. But maybe that's a dumb observation and I'm overthinking it.

I'm most definitely biased but there's no one more perfect for me. She's so funny, she could make me laugh without even trying. There's so much Belos or you for that matter didn't tell me about dating. But something bad is happening to me. I think I'm starting to love her. Not just like. A month and a half is definitely too soon right? But it doesn't matter cause I'm never EVER gonna tell her. Even if my life depended on it.

That's a little dramatic. Maybe I would tell her if my life depended on it. I didn't even get to tell you everything I wanted to about us. I wanted to tell you that I finally kissed her after Eclipse Lake. Well, she kissed me and it's happened a few times since then. You got kinda cold around that time but it's okay. I'm just glad everything ended up being okay again.

I know you aren't a romance guy cause of whatever happened with your Hexside friends but maybe you should give it another shot. Because sometimes when I'm around her it's like I literally can't breathe. Like maybe I need to be diagnosed with asthma. And I know that doesn't sound like a good thing at all but trust me, it is.

I know I can't send this letter because you're in another world. But it's nice writing to you like you're just a few minutes or hours away. I'll find my way back home, I promise. And maybe then I can tell you everything about the human realm. We've yet to see the giraffes but Camila said there's a zoo not too far from here.

I hope I can see you soon. As I said, there's still so much I want to tell you. I hope you're safe. Same with everyone else. And hey, maybe I'll give you this letter next time I see you.

From,
Little Prince