9.) The Lantern Festival

"Kikimora, you must find her. I'm trusting you to see what condition she's in. Apparently, she lived and killed Stanley. It's like she wants me to come kill her myself." Belos huffs.

"I assure you, I will find her."

"Bring Steve and Mary with you. I expect answers to all of my questions when you come back."

"And you're sure the boat isn't gonna tip over this time?" Ellie asks as she carries it to the lake.

"Very sure. I wouldn't do that to you a second time." He assures.

"Good because this lake would probably give my back a nasty infection if I fell in."

"Today is gonna be much better, I promise." He laughs.

She sets the boat down and he helps push it into the water. Their shoes get wet again just like yesterday but that's what they expected. This time Ellie lets Hunter take the oars. A lot of other boats are out tonight to look at the lanterns. It should be starting any minute now so they're all excited. Hunter starts rowing them out to the side as his eyes linger on her. She's looking around at all the people and the boats. She looks beautiful.

"There's a movie where they have something like this on earth." She smiles wider than before.

"Really? That's perfect!" He laughs before smiling at her.

They smile at each other and the eye contact is strong. He doesn't know what to do. He sees her and he just wants to tell her how he feels. But not yet, he doesn't have the courage. So, he reaches over and takes her hands gently. They're so soft and warm. The action makes his smile grow bigger. She squeezes his hand the slightest bit with a smile before relaxing.

"Oh, look! It's the first one." She says excitedly.

She stands up not letting go of his hands and looks at the lanterns starting to float. More and more start to come and it gets everyone excited. She lets go of his hands and walks to the very edge of the boat. She holds onto the tallest part and watches the. The lanterns glow so beautifully. A horde of them come from the other side and float this way. It looks like a ton of stars floating across the sky.

He's secretly watching her. She seems so happy watching the things. Probably because of that movie or maybe because of him. But her smile is still there as the lanterns fill the sky. She looks blissful and absolutely stunning to him.

"Ellie? I got these for us before and I thought we could light them too. And I have the stuff to put wishes in them or whatever you do." He laughs nervously as he holds up two unlit lanterns.

"Thank you so much for everything. I really like hanging out with you, Hunter." She sits beside him so gently and way closer than before.

Their arms and knees touch from both being angled to the side. As the lanterns populate their area more, they scribble down their wishes. Hunter just wants to do a better job protecting Ellie from Belos. Ellie wants everything she's been working for to come true. She even means everything with Hunter. She wants to figure it out.

Then, it's time to light them. They end up lighting each other's which only causes more giggles between them. Neither sees the others wish though. Though they're both secretly hoping it's about them.

"Ready?" Hunter asks as his grin gets wider.

"Ready." She nods.

At the same time, they push the lanterns into the air and watch as they join the rest. Almost everyone else on the lake has sent there's as well so there's, even more, to look at. It's a perfect picture in the sky as they all float along.