38e.) Bad Habit

"This is a pretty nice apartment. I had no idea you could afford West Hollywood, no offense." Luz coos as she looks out the window.

"I can barely afford West Hollywood, why do you think I needed a roommate?" Ellie laughs.

"Well, I'm flattered you picked me, Lieutenant." Luz bows jokingly.

"God, I haven't heard that in a minute." Ellie breathes out and sits on the couch. "I'm glad a picked you too, Luz the human."

"Wow, now I see what you mean." She laughs.

"Does that mean we're talking about it?" Ellie stares in horror.

"I guess so." Luz stares back.

"Ew."

"Yeah, ew."

"Okay, let's say our answer on the count of three. The question is do you want to go back to the demon realm. 3...2...1!" Ellie nods but instead of saying anything they both just stare at each other. "This isn't gonna work if you don't answer the question."

"You didn't answer either!"

"Okay, okay. I still don't know. I'm nervous!" Ellie panics.

"Me too and we don't even know if we're going!" Luz agrees.

"I don't want to see him again but I do in a way? This is so confusing!" Ellie says before smashing a pillow against her face.

"Me and Amity left things in a really weird place, dude! I told her I loved her and then she ran away! Who does that? What is my problem?" Luz sighs.

"I think..." Ellie starts before taking a deep breath. "I think we should go back."

"I'm nervous but yeah, we probably should. But we need to prepare. Sit on the floor." Luz orders.

"Why?" Ellie says but she stands up anyways and sits right in front of Luz on the floor.

"I'm gonna brain your hair while we prepare. Or prep-HAIR!" Luz laughs.

"Eight out of ten." Ellie shrugs.

"Not bad." Luz dusts herself off before facing Ellie. "Wanna watch Bridgerton while we do this? In ten years since it's been out, I've only seen one episode."

"Me too! Who is Lady Whistledown? I need to know." Ellie gasps as she turns on the TV.

"I bet you dollars to donuts that it's Lady Featherington." Luz says.

"No way, it's definitely Eloise." Ellie shakes her head.

"Okay, let's just watch and find out." Luz sighs as Ellie clicks on the show.

"So how did you want to prepare?" Ellie asks.

"I'll be Hunter first and you be yourself. Are you ready?" Luz asks.

"Are we really doing this?"

"Yes! This is very important."

"Fine, I'm ready." Ellie nods.

"Sup, baby-girl." Luz does a terrible Hunter impression.

"He would not say that! Or wait, maybe he would, I don't know him anymore!" Ellie shrieks.

"Okay, okay. Let me try again." She says clearing her throat. "Hey, Ellie. You're back?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, you need to give me more than one word answers." Luz complains.

"Fine. Hey, Hunter. Yes, I'm back! Very nice observation. I'm here because I feel bad about what happened ten years ago. I left you to protect my sister and then I just went on with my life! I bet you just love the part where I go through my school years miserably when I could've been happy in the demon realm the whole time." Ellie rants.