Maybe I like him

Adam's: POV

It rained when I went to the bookstore. I walked in and looked around. Oliver went up to me.

"Do you need help?" he asked

"Do you need help?" he asked. "I'm looking for Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children for my daughter." I said. "Wait here." he replied and walked away. He came back after a few minutes with the book.

"Thank you." I said and paid it. "I hope I see you here more times." replied Oliver. My heart was beating faster. "You won't get rid of me." I said jokingly. "I love you humor." he replied. He put the book in a bag and gave me a note.

"I'm getting off at six tomorrow." he said. "Okay." I replied confused. "Have a nice day Adam." said Oliver. I took the bag and walked out of the bookstore. I looked at the note and smiled. He had given me his phone number. Maybe I like him? I miss being in love.

***

I took up the book and gave it to Max when I got home. "Wow, thanks dad." she said happily. "You're welcome sweetie." I replied.  She immediately started reading. Elliot noticed something was wrong.

"What's the matter?" he asked. "I met Oliver today again and he asked me out." I said. "Wow." replied Elliot. "I'm not trying to replace your papa, but I think I like Oliver." I said. "I'm happy for you." he replied. "What happened with that you still have feelings for papa?" asked Max. "We have both moved on." I said.

"Ask Oliver if he wants to come over for dinner tomorrow night." said Elliot. "That's a wonderful idea." I replied. "He seems nice." he said. "Oliver is very kind and sweet." I replied with a smile on my face. "There it is, the smile." said Elliot. "I never thought I'd fall in love again." I replied. "You deserve to be happy dad." he said.

Max doesn't trust Oliver

I hope you liked the chapter

~CharlieGlambert