thirteen

"Where are you off to?" Anakin asked as you headed down the hallway to the hanger.

"Back to my ship," you answered. "The Council has given me another assignment. I need to prep my battalion."

"And you were just going to leave without saying goodbye?"

"Anakin," you sighed. "We already push the boundaries of attachment enough."

"I don't care." Anakin quickly got in front of you, stopping you in your path. His arms were folded over his chest as looked down at you. "I want to try and get our relationship back to the way it was."

"That's not really realistic during a war, Ani."

"Fine, if you're not going to say goodbye to me, you should at least say goodbye to Obi-Wan."

"What? Why?"

"He's been concerned about you lately. He always asks the Council what your assignment is and if you need help. It's... strange and unlike him."

"Ani, I am pretty positive that he does the same with you. He feels responsible for both of us, especially now that I am a part of your lives again."

"I suppose you could be right..."

You placed a hand on his shoulder. "Maybe you should listen to Obi-Wan more, he believes I'm wise." You laughed as you slipped past him. "I promise not to be a stranger, Ani."

"May the Force be with you, Y/N."

You turned around, walking backward. "May the Force be with you."

Turning back around, you headed into the hanger. As you walked over to your starfighter, you noticed that Obi-Wan had his back facing you. He was looking at your ship, his hand combing through his beard. Peering into his signature, you could feel his thoughts racing. You didn't dare breach his trust though by looking into his signature further. Taking a deep breath, you continued forward.

"Master Kenobi," you greeted.

Obi-Wan sighed as he shook his head. "Not with the formalities again," he said. He turned to face you. "I thought that we were passed that."

"Sometimes."

Obi-Wan chuckled. "I heard the Council has given you a new assignment."

"They have," you nodded. "I'm needed on my ship as soon as possible."

"Thank you for coming to our aide."

"Anytime, Obi-Wan." You walked passed him and climbed into your starfighter. Once sitting you looked down at Obi-Wan, who was watching you carefully. "I'll see you around, General."

"See you around, little star."

Obi-Wan watched as you flew out of the hanger. He sighed, already missing you but he was thankful that you hadn't immediately blocked him from your signature yet. He was going to relish in your signature as long as you would let him.

~~~

It was almost two weeks later when you were informed that, while attempting to capture Count Dooku, Anakin had gone missing. You immediately turned your star cruiser around and headed to where Obi-Wan's was. You flew your starfighter and landed on Obi-Wan's star cruiser. You ran straight from the hanger to the control room.

"I'm here!" You shouted, running in. Obi-Wan turned from where he was standing in front of the large window. "Has anyone heard from Anakin?"

"Unfortunately, we still haven't been able to contact him," Obi-Wan responded. "This ship is heading to his last known location, a Separatist frigate in the Outer Rim."