eighty-two

You fell asleep almost as soon as Han helped you to a bench. He held you up against him so that you wouldn't fall over while Chewie flew the Falcon to the Resistance base on D'Qar. Leia and he shared a worried look as they came to the realization that you were no longer as young and spry as you tried to keep being. Han explained to Leia about Rey and Finn, how he had gotten the Falcon back, and ended up on Takodana.

"Hey, kid, wake up," Han whispered, shaking you gently.

You groaned as you woke up. Looking around, you noticed people getting off the transport. Han helped you to your feet and walked with you, following Leia, to the command center. He guided you to sit down and you thanked him with a smile. Han smiled back with a nod, eyes roaming over you to check for any injuries.

"I'm fine," you told him.

"I don't know think it was a smart move to fight, kid," he worried.

"Yeah? Who would have saved your skin then?"

"Y/N..."

"Don't worry about me, okay? I'll be fine after I rest up." Han sighed. He turned around and plopped next to you, staring at Leia as she conversed with a group of officers. You noticed his longing, sorrowful stare. "She missed you, you know?"

Han scoffed. "Doubt it."

"It's true."

"Yeah? Well, how about you?"

You reached over and placed a hand on his knee. "Of course I did, Han. You're family."

"General Organa!" Poe called as he hurried up to the group with the man that had been with Han and Chewie. You and Han put your attention on the commotion. "Sorry to interrupt, this is Finn, he needs to talk to you—"

"And I need to talk to him," Leia said, taking Finn's hand. "That was incredibly brave, what you did. Renouncing the First Order, saving this man's life—"

"Thank you, ma'am," Finn responded, clearly surprised she knew. "But a friend of mine was taken prisoner—"

"Han told me about the girl, I'm sorry."

"Finn's familiar with the weapon that destroyed the Hosnian system," Poe said. "He worked on the base."

"We're desperate for anything you can tell us."

"That's where my friend was taken," said Finn. "I've got to get there, fast."

You pushed yourself up from your seat and walked over, Han right behind you. "And we will do everything we can to help," you told Finn, "but first you must tell us all you know. Including, where you found that lightsaber attached to your hip."

That's when Leia noticed the old saber attached at Finn's hip.

"Maz Kanata had it," Han responded. "It called to Rey but she refused to take it."

"Wait..." Finn looked at you closer as he mumbled. Realization hit him, blowing his eyes wide. "You—You're Jedi General Y/N L/N!"

"It's Skywalker," Han corrected at the same time Leia said, "Her name is Y/N Kenobi."

"Doesn't matter who I am," you said. "That's Anakin's lightsaber that Luke lost on Cloud City."

"I—I don't—"

"Doesn't matter about the lightsaber right now," Leia interrupted Finn's stuttering. "Tell us what you know about the base."

~~~

After Finn explained what he knew, you, Han, and Leia found yourselves alone in the main command room with C3PO, BB8, and a shutdown R2D2. You watched as C3PO took a data device from BB8 and inserted it into a base computer. A map appeared on the base computer. You and Leia walked up to it, studying it. You sighed at the sight of the incomplete map.