twenty

Yoda was meditating when he felt the shift. There was a brightness in the Force, a hope, that hadn't been there in a very long time. As he further investigated, the great Jedi Master came to the conclusion that it was you and Obi-Wan who had done something to cause it. The Force just wouldn't allow him to see what, no matter how he tried to go about it. He eventually let it be, content to revel in the hope that was flourishing in the Force. Yoda knew that the war was not close to being over, but this allowed him to believe that whatever bond you and Obi-Wan shared was for the good of the Force. For the good of all.

~~~

You felt like you were floating as you went around helping the ship get cleaned up. Obi-Wan had confessed his feelings for you and you had done the same. You were having a hard time believing that what had happened wasn't a dream. Before you had parted, he promised that the two of you would talk again once the Duchess was safely on Coruscant and kissed you once again.

When the ship finally docked, Chancellor Palpatine and his guards were waiting for the Duchess and the rest of you. You knew of Anakin's closeness with the Chancellor and how fond they both seemed of each other. You personally didn't like the Chancellor, something about him felt off. Felt dark. You had tried to warn Anakin once, but he insisted that the Chancellor was a good man and that you needed to get to know him better.

You, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and R2D2 led the group off of the ship. The clones were behind you, spreading out to survey the area just in case. Obi-Wan led the way, heading straight for the Chancellor.

"A job well done, Master Jedi," the Chancellor congratulated.

"Thank you, Chancellor," Obi-Wan responded with a bow.

"Your Excellency," Anakin greeted with a bow, him and Obi-Wan moving off to the side.

"My, Y/N, it has been too long," the Chancellor commented.

"It has, Your Excellency," you replied, bowing.

"Your skills and power have made you quite the General and Jedi Knight. The Republic is lucky to have you on their side."

"Thank you."

You moved to stand beside Obi-Wan and Anakin, watching as the Senators exited the ship. They came up to the Chancellor who immediately guided them over to his transport. The Duchess, exiting last, came straight up to you Jedi. You hated how you still felt a tinge of jealousy, though Obi-Wan had confirmed his feelings were for you.

"How ironic to meet again only to find we're on opposing sides," Satine told Obi-Wan.

"The needs of your people are all that matter," Obi-Wan said. "they couldn't be in better hands with you to guide their future."

"Kind words indeed from a mindful and committed Jedi." Satine stepped closer. "And yet..."

"What?"

"I'm still not sure about the beard."

She lifted her hand up and ran her fingers down Obi-Wan's bearded chin before resting her hand against the side of his face. You tensed from beside you. Obi-Wan immediately sent his signature off to comfort you, reassuring you that Satine was no longer the object of his affections.

"Why? " Obi-Wan questioned, now slightly fearing that you disagreed with the beard as well. "What's wrong with it?"

"It hides too much of your handsome face," Satine said before heading toward the Chancellor's transport.

Anakin chuckled. "What was that all about?" He asked.

"Nothing," Obi-Wan said.

"Right."