twenty three

Obi-Wan's group was being attacked when your group finally reached them. You and Anakin quickly ran to Obi-Wan's side as he was crouched behind a shipping container. Ahsoka, Tarkin, and Piell followed suit.

"Sorry we're late," Anakin said.

"How nice of you to join us," Obi-Wan responded. He looked at you, eyes quickly scanning you for signs of injury.

"The ship is surrounded," Ahsoka stated.

"We need to launch a full-forward assault and take that vessel!" Tarkin said.

"we may have a bigger problem. Those turrets," Obi-Wan said, motioning to the large guns on the roof line. "If we don't take them out, they will use them to destroy the shuttle and prevent our escape."

"Which is precisely why we should get aboard that shuttle and use the weapon systems to decimate those droids."

"Whatever we're going to do, we better do it fast," Anakin said.

Anakin pointed to the sky where small speeders manned by droids were approaching and began firing. The group started to run toward the ship. All of the Jedi ignited their lightsabers and started to deflect the oncoming blasts. Piell jumped and used Anakin's head to launch himself at one of the speeders, destroying it. That gave Anakin the idea to jump up on one of the speeders, killing the droid as he did so. You threw your hand out and yanked the droid down with the Force, causing a small explosion. You turned to see Obi-Wan watching you with a proud expression. You rolled your eyes before running to attack one of the droids on the ground.

The clones began throwing detonators at the ground-based droids. You jumped and flipped around to avoid the explosions. You just finished off a droid when you heard Fives shout for Echo. You looked to see Echo running toward the ship, reaching the ramp before it exploded.

"No!" You shouted.

You couldn't feel the loss of Echo's force signature, causing you to believe that he was still alive. You ran towards the pieces of the ship. Obi-Wan was quickly behind you, pulling you away.

"We have to go now!" He ordered everyone as he dragged you away. You tried to fight him to let you go. "He's gone, Y/N," he told you with sadness laced in his tone.

"No, he isn't!" You fought. "He's alive!"

He could feel what you had felt, mainly due to the bond, and knew you wouldn't let this go easily. "We don't have time for this, darling. We've got to go."

You gave in with a nod. Once Obi-Wan felt like you wouldn't go running back, he let you go. The two of you started running as Obi-Wan tried to get a hold of the Council.

"Master Kenobi, what has happened?" Master Koon answered the call.

"I'm afraid we've had a situation with the shuttle," Obi-Wan replied.

Anakin ran up beside the two of you. "By situation, he means big explosion," Anakin clarified.

"What they both are saying is that we need a rescue," you added.

"It will be done," Plo said. "I'm sending our cruisers now."

~~~

The group found a hiding spot in one of the rocks. It gave you a view of most of the Citadel, allowing you to see if anyone was coming. You had placed yourself away from the ground, trying to meditate through your emotions while still listening in.

"We'll need to hold out until the Council sends a ship," Obi-Wan stated.

"Not a problem," Piell replied. "We've beat them once, we'll beat them again.