nineteen

You hadn't necessarily decided to avoid Obi-Wan, it just happened that way. The war was the biggest factor. There was always the next fight, the next system that required help. So it was easy for you and Obi-Wan to never see each other, always being pulled to the next thing. In the four weeks since you had left Padme's, you hadn't seen Obi-Wan at all and you'd only seen Anakin through a hologram that had Master Yoda involved so he wasn't able to question you.

The separation wasn't helping you forget about anything that happened. And, much to your frustration, your longing for the Jedi Master only continued to grow. You hadn't opened your bond back up and you could tell it was affecting you. That and the fact that you hadn't been able to center yourself in the Force.

You and your battalion had just finished an assignment that left you limping through the star cruiser.

"Are you alright, General?" Crak asked, glancing down at your leg.

"I'm fine," you brushed the concern off.

"There's no shame—"

"I said I'm fine, Crak. Just tell me that we have at least a day off before the next assignment."

"Actually, General," another clone said, coming up to you and Crak, "the Jedi Council is requesting to speak with you."

"Great," you muttered. "Let's go get this over with." You limped to where the holo table already had Master Yoda and Master Windu up. "Masters," you bowed slightly, "how may I help you?"

"We are sending Skywalker to come and pick you up," Windu started. "The Duchess Satine of Mandalore is in need of escorts to bring her to Coruscant. The Death Watch is after her and will do anything to successfully assassinate her."

"Picked you and Skywalker, Master Obi-Wan has," Yoda explained.

You knew that you had no room to argue with them about it and that you should probably get seeing Obi-Wan over with sooner than later.

"When will Skywalker be arriving?" You asked.

"General, Skywalker has requested entrance to the hangar," one of the clones around you announced.

"Let him in. We will arrive on Mandalore as quickly as possible, Masters."

~~~

Anakin kept glancing over at you as you helped him copilot to Mandalore. It was getting annoying. You could feel his need to ask you questions burning.

"Just say what you want to say," you mumbled, breaking the silence.

"What did Obi-Wan do that caused you to run away?" Anakin asked, getting straight to the point.

You sighed. "It's really nothing, Ani. It was just me overreacting."

"I don't believe you. Out of the two of us, I am the one who overreacts, you are the calm and collected one."

"Maybe that's changed."

Anakin scoffed. "Doubt it." He paused a thought for a moment. "Do I need to kill him?"

"Anakin! No!"

"Hey! It was just a question! He may be my Master, but no one gets to hurt my sister."

"Good to know."

"But in all seriousness, I do care about what happened. And you disappearing from Padme's—"

"I didn't disappear from Padme's. I left a note and went back to business on my star cruiser."

"Right, fine, whatever. You still didn't tell Obi-Wan where you were going and that hurt him. He's been struggling since then, though he won't admit it. I can even sense his connection with the Force is not as strong as it was... I can sense the same with you."