forty three

While you were unconscious, you were caught up in the Force. Snippets of the fight Obi-Wan and Anakin were sharing filled your senses.

"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire."

"Your new Empire?"

"Don't make me kill you."

"Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy!"

"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes... I will do what I must."

"You will try. As Y/N did and failed."

"I have failed you, Anakin. I have failed you."

"I should have known the Jedi were plotting to take over."

"Anakin, Chancellor Palpatine is evil!"

"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"

"Then you are lost!"

"It's over, Anakin! I have the high ground!"

"You underestimate my power!"

"You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!"

"I hate you!"

"You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!"

The pain that you were feeling, coming from both Anakin and Obi-Wan, was causing you to groan and cry out. It was almost unbearable. You writhed on the stretcher, wishing for the pain to end. The pain was heavy on your chest, making it hard for you to breathe. Tears fell freely from your closed eyes, you having no energy to stop them.

"Obi-Wan!" You cried out, almost breathlessly. "Obi-Wan!"

"Master Kenobi is on his way," Bail said, coming to your side. "We just received word. He will be here soon."

All you could give in response was a pathetic excuse for a nod. You had failed to notice, as you were so out of it, that Yoda was with you. He had failed to stop the Emperor, disappointing even himself. You had also been taken to a hidden base on a nearby moon. Yoda winced as he felt another onslaught of your pain. He sighed as he went away to meditate.

~~~

Obi-Wan sat in silence, hand over his mouth as C-3PO piloted the Naboo ship to the coordinates Senator Organa had sent. In his mind, the Jedi Master relived the fight that had just occurred. Padme was laying unconscious in the back. He had threatened to break Obi-Wan when she asked about Anakin. He was thankful that she quickly lost consciousness before he could give her an answer. Obi-Wan hated the idea of Anakin's child growing up without a father, but he knew that you wouldn't let Padme raise the child on her own. You would insist on going with Padme and wherever you went, Obi-Wan would follow.

It took far too long for Obi-Wan's liking to arrive at the hidden base. As the ship landed, Obi-Wan scooped Padme up in his arms. The ramp began to lower and he rushed down it, with C-3PO and R2D2 behind him. Bail raced forward to meet them.

"We'll take her to the medical center," Bail said. "Quickly."

Obi-Wan hurried to the medical center, with Bail leading the way. As soon as they were in the medical center, Padme was taken into a room next to yours to be checked over. Obi-Wan, now not carrying Padme, turned to Bail.