fifty one

Notes: This is technically the end of the Obi-Wan Kenobi series chapters of this story. There are going to be a few chapters of marital life between Obi-Wan and little star before we get into the A New Hope chapters. Also, I'm looking for someone to edit photos of Ewan McGregor/Obi-Wan because I am not going to use Alec Guinness' version of Obi-Wan (no offense). Let me know if you can/are interested or if you just want to do it and surprise me, that would be great as well!

~~~

You took a deep breath as you stood in the doorway of the ship. Your eyes scanned the landscape before you. Tatooine. You hadn't been back since Qui-Gon took you from this place and you had honestly never thought you would return. After gathering the belongings needed from the ship, Obi-Wan came up behind you. He could feel your apprehension. He sighed as he came up from behind and wrapped his arms around you. You leaned back into him as his chin came to rest on your shoulder.

"Are you alright?" He whispered.

"Yeah..." you breathed out, still staring out at Tatooine. "I'm fine."

"I don't believe you, darling." His hands moved to your waist and guided you to turn around. You held your head down. "Look at me, little star." You sighed, giving into his request slowly. "It's okay to struggle being back here. I know the memories are probably hard."

"It's... a lot... I'll admit... Memories of Ani and I growing up... but then, there's also the regret of not being there for my mother when she died. Anakin was there but I was..."

"Not here," Obi-Wan nodded in understanding. "If you want, we can stop by where her headstone is. I know it it's on the Lars' farm."

"Yeah, I would like that." Your hands snaked up and around Obi-Wan's neck, fingers scratching at the back of it. You looked back down.

"What else is it, little star?"

"I just... I'm scared that this is all a dream. That I'm going to wake up and I'll be back in that cell, waiting to die."

Obi-Wan pulled you impossibly closer. "This is not a dream, my dear. This is reality." He leaned in and kissed your lips sweetly. "And if it's not, in the slightest chance that this is a dream, when you wake up just know that I will come for you. I will always come for you." He pulled you in for another kiss. "Are you ready?"

"As long as you're with me."

"Always, little star."

~~~

You were seated behind Obi-Wan on his Eopie, arms wrapped around him. Obi-Wan guided the Eopie to the cave he had called home for the last ten years. You slowly walked inside, brushing your fingers along the rock. Obi-Wan followed you, watching you as you studied the area. It was sad and dusty. You could feel the weight of the emotions that Obi-Wan had felt here in the Force, none of which were happy emotions.

"I promise to build you an actual house," Obi-Wan stated from behind you.

He knew that this dirty cave was not worthy of your presence. He longed to give you more. A house with walls, decorated the way you wanted. A bedroom you shared, where it's clear who sleeps on which side. But truly, most of all, Obi-Wan just wanted to give you a place where the two of you could freely love each other.

"I just feel bad that you had to live here, struggling by yourself for so long," you told him, still looking around the area as you broke him out of his trance. "It had to have been so hard."

Obi-Wan sighed, knowing that there was no point in lying to you about how hard it was for him here. You would be able to see right through it. As he watched you walk around the small area, he could sense a pull in the Force for him and you to leave this place. That a new chapter was beginning and that it wouldn't happen in this cave.