sixteen

"Okay, troopers, let's spread out and start to clean up," you ordered. "Be careful, we don't know if anything else down here is poisonous."

You left the group and began doing your own sweep of the area. You hadn't been gone long when an alarm, signaling a virus leak, had gone off. You started running for the safe room. You got there just as Ahsoka, Rex, and a group of clones did.

"Hurry! The doors are closing!" Rex shouted.

"Don't worry," you said. You held your arms up and used the Force to keep the doors open. "Get inside, Rex." He and the other clones obeyed as the virus came rushing up behind you. "You to Ahsoka!" She jumped through the gap you were holding between the doors.

"Get in here, Y/N!" Ahsoka yelled after you.

You ran, letting go of the doors and barely making it through them. Obi-Wan's voice quickly sounded from your comlink as Anakin's did on Ahsoka's.

"Y/N! Are you alright?" He asked, worry seeping into your bond. "What's going on down there?"

"The virus was released but we managed to seal the lab," you explained. "The remaining droids are going to try and break out. We have to stop them."

"Do not leave that room, Y/N! It's too dangerous."

"I will do what I must to save our people and this planet, Obi-Wan. This virus cannot escape."

There was the Council's Chosen One speaking and Obi-Wan hated it. He sighed, hearing Padme tell Anakin the same thing you told him.

"Be safe," he relented.

"Aren't I always?" You responded teasingly, trying so bad to ease the worry from Obi-Wan. "You be careful as well."

You ended the transmission and looked around the room. One of the clones was at a control center along the wall, trying to do something. As you continued to study the area, you noticed a small larger of smoke. You knew then that the virus had made it into the room.

"Oh, no, no, no!" The clone near the screen exclaimed. "Some of the virus got in here. We didn't close the door fast enough."

"We may be dead mean, but we could still stop those droids," Rex stated.

"Don't worry," Ahsoka said. "My Master will find a cure for this virus. We're not dead yet."

"Is anyone out there?" Padme's voice filled the comlink. "Can anyone hear—"

"Padme," you interrupted, answering her call. "We're trapped in the safe room at the end of complex B."

"We'll be right there. Are you contaminated?"

Suddenly two of the clones began coughing. You sighed. "I'm afraid so."

~~~

Obi-Wan needed to keep his composure and not react as Anakin was. He had to keep telling Anakin that you, Ahsoka, and Padme would be fine, but he was saying it mainly to convince himself. Captain Typho informed the Jedi of a root that may hold the answer to a cure. Obi-Wan and Anakin believed that they needed to go and immediately get it. They were currently on their way to the planet now.

As Anakin did a majority of the piloting, Obi-Wan tried to center himself. He feared that the longer it took them to get the root back to Naboo, the more likely he would lose his temper. You were strong, that was certain, but not strong enough to protect yourself and everyone else down there from a virus. He knew that if someone was going to be the first to fall down there, it would be you and it would be because you sacrificed yourself for the sake of everyone else. Obi-Wan couldn't let that happen. Living without you wasn't an option, not anymore.