twenty nine

The pain you felt was indescribable. Your heart was being torn to pieces as something ripped away from your Force signature. Obi-Wan, having been shot, fell from the roof and into the crates you were standing by.

"OBI-WAN!" You and Anakin screamed a the same time.

"I got him, go!" Ahsoka told Anakin, who was still on the rooftop.

You stumbled over to Obi-Wan's side, in a pained dazed. You pushed through the fiery pain that was erupting through you to get to him. You collapsed next to him and desperately pulled the Jedi into your lap. Tears spilled freely from your eyes before you even had the chance to stop them.

"Obi-Wan," his name fell like a prayer from your lips. "Obi-Wan, please... you can't do this to me... I can't do this without you... please. Come back."

But you knew he was gone. The pain you were feeling was not the shot that Obi-Wan had taken, but his Force signature being ripped away from your bond. Your heart began to race, your breaths coming out uneven. Anakin, having failed to get the sniper, ran up to where you, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka were.

"How is he?" Anakin frantically asked. Ahsoka looked at him with early eyes. Anakin collapsed on the opposite side of Obi-Wan's body. "Obi-Wan," he cried. "Obi-Wan.... Obi-Wan!"

Your vision quickly blurred as you began to feel feverish. Sweat trickled down your face as you started to wobble. Ahsoka noticed first, hand gripping your shoulder to try and steady you.

"Y/N?" She questioned, pulling Anakin's attention to you. "Y/N?"

You couldn't respond. You couldn't even register that she was calling for you before you fell unconscious onto Obi-Wan's lifeless body.

~~~~

You woke up alone in the med center. Immediately, you noticed how heavy your heart was. The distinct disturbance in your Force signature was clear. You were no longer bound to Obi-Wan's signature. Inhaling sharply, tears gathered in your eyes as you stared up at the ceiling. Who knows how long you were like that until Ahsoka came into the room. Glancing at her, she was wearing her dark brown Jedi cloak and carrying another one over her arm. She looked at you with saddened eyes, for the situation but also for you and her Master.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, getting straight to the point.

"Like a part of me as died," you rasped, unable to look at her when you spoke.

Ahsoka sighed. "I've been asked to come and get you. The funeral is about to start."

You shook your head. "This can't be real... this isn't right... he was supposed to be the last to fall..."

Ahsoka's face scrunched in curiosity at your words as she helped you out of bed and placed your Jedi cloak over your shoulders. After seeing that you couldn't do it yourself, she placed the hood over your head. Ahsoka grabbed your hand, giving it a gentle squeeze as she guided you out of the room. You two headed to the center of the temple, where the Jedi tomb was.

Your eyes quickly took in the number of people in the room. There of course were Jedi of all ranks, but there were others. Padme, Satine, the Chancellor, and a few other politicians. You noticed that Anakin stood at the feet of Obi-Wan's body. Shaking away Ahsoka's hand, you ignored the stares as you walked to his side. You had to prevent yourself from gasping at the darkness laced in Anakin's facial features and surrounding his Force signature. He didn't look at you but when you placed yourself at his side and took his hand, he held it tightly.

You stayed by Anakin's side as Obi-Wan's body was lowered into the ground. You tried to feel some connection with your Force signature to the body, only to come up short. You closed your eyes to prevent yourself from crying in front of everyone. You knew that you were already frustrating the Council by standing at Anakin's side, shedding tears in front of them would only make it worse.