twenty two

Obi-Wan could feel that something was wrong before he was even told anything. He knew that your latest assignment was paired with Jedi Master Even Piell, one of the Masters that had trained you personally. The two of you had found information about the secret hyperspace lanes called the Nexus Route. He knew that the whole assignment was perilous and important to the Republic, but all Obi-Wan could think of was you as he raced to the war room. Mace Windu, Plo Koon, and Yoda were in there.

"I have sensed that something has happened," Obi-Wan admitted as he came up to the Jedi Masters.

"Hmm. Stronger than I thought, the bond is between you and Y/N," Yoda noted.

"Master Piell's cruiser was attacked," Windu stated. "We know that at least he and Y/N have been taken alive."

"Where have they been taken?" Obi-Wan asked. His Force signature was branching out across the galaxy, trying to reach you.

"The Citadel," Plo Koon responded.

Obi-Wan's worry grew ten-fold. The Citadel was known as one of the most deadly prisons in the galaxy. No one ever escaped from it. And now you were there, your life endanger.

"I would like to lead a group to rescue them," Obi-Wan offered, stepping closer to the Masters.

"Yes," Windu agreed. "You may take anyone who is available that you feel you may need."

"Thank you." Obi-Wan bowed before quickly leaving the room. He put his comlink up to his mouth. "Anakin. Come in, Anakin."

"What can I help you with, Master?" Anakin responded.

"I need you to get down here to the war room. Bring Cody, Rex, Echo, and Fives with you..." Obi-Wan paused, letting out a sigh. "Y/N's been captured."

~~~

As you floated in the air, bounded in a tractor beam and waiting for someone to come into your cell and try to push for information, you felt Obi-Wan's signature reach for you. You allowed yourself, and him, a brief moment of feeling assured by each other's signatures before you closed him out. You knew that you were going to get tortured and you could not allow Obi-Wan to feel that pain. You only hoped that Obi-Wan could get to you in time.

~~~

Obi-Wan's jaw clenched as he stood around the holo table in the war room. Everyone he had asked Anakin to bring was there with the addition of Master Plo. He had found your signature alive and it even reacted with his, before you shut him out. That only led him to believe that you were being tortured and you were trying to protect him. Obi-Wan's need to get to you only grew.

"As you are aware, the Citadel is their most isolated and impenetrable detention facility," Plo explained. "No one has ever escaped."

"There's a first time for everything," Anakin said.

"Indeed there is," Obi-Wan agreed.

"Their security has prevented our probes from obtaining recent reconnaissance," Plo informed, "so we've been forced to construct a crude map based upon data from the archives." He pressed a button on the holo table, allowing the map to show.

"And since the data is extremely old, the map will be difficult to rely on."

"So we're essentially going in blind," Anakin said.

"Beg your pardon, General," Rex cut in, "but how do we know Master Piell and General L/N are still alive?"

"The Separatists won't dare kill them until they have what they need," Obi-Wan answered.

"They obtained the coordinates of a secret hyperspace lane known as the Nexus Route," Plo added, "which travels into the heart of both the Republic and Separatist home worlds."