sixty one

Obi-Wan had to quickly lay a plan out with the others for hiding as you disappeared into the back of the ship. Your whole body was trembling. You had never wanted to face Darth Vader again. There was too much history there and your heart truly still wanted to believe that your brother was deep down in there somewhere.

After discussing a plan with the others, Obi-Wan hurried to find you. His heart cracked at the sight of you standing in the center of the open room, trembling.

"Oh, little star," Obi-Wan muttered as he hurried to you. He grabbed you gently and pulled you into him.

"He's on there," you rasped. "I can feel it... and Leia's there too. What if," you pulled away to look at Obi-Wan's face, "what if he finds out the truth about Leia and Luke? Everything we did to protect them would be for nothing."

"It is not for nothing." Obi-Wan's hands came up to gently hold your face. "They will be safe, we will protect them."

"And do we tell them of each other?"

"No. The more people who know the truth—including them—the more danger they will be in. Until the time is right, their relationship to each other must remain a secret. And your relationship to them as well."

You nod, remembering a key detail. "Leia knows. The Force told her."

"Then we must make sure that no one else knows."

You nervously bit your lip, thinking for a few long seconds. "He will stop at nothing to kill us, Obi."

"And I will stop at nothing to protect you."

You hurried to hold Obi-Wan in your arms. You pressed the side of your head into Obi-Wan's chest, wanting to hear the sound of his heart. He gladly wrapped his arms around you and held you tightly to him. He kissed your head before resting his own against yours.

"We cannot let our fear control us," Obi-Wan whispered.

"You sound like the Council there," you replied.

"I am not trying to be, little star. I am trying to remind us that we cannot let our fears control us... Letting fear control one's self is how Vader became Vader."

"Can't we just go back to Tatooine and hide?" You knew that what you were asking for was impossible, but you couldn't help but ask. "I want to go back to our home."

"Darling... you know that I what to grant you that wish, I truly do. But you would never leave Leia in danger like she is."

"...I know. I just wish..."

"Me too, my little star." He kissed your head. "Me too."

~~~

Before the Falcon was completely pulled into the space station, your group hid in compartments in the floor in the ship's main hallway. You and Obi-Wan were in one, your husband holding you tightly to him. The two of you could feel Vader outside of the ship and quickly closed off your signatures from everyone but each other. The two of you though could only hope that it would work since Vader had clearly grown in power.

Obi-Wan held you tighter as you heard stormtroopers search the ship. Your group stayed silent until the sounds of the troopers finally faded. Obi-Wan then let you go to remove the floor panel.

"Boy, it's lucky you had these compartments," Luke commented as he removed the floor panel of the compartment he was in.

"I use them for smuggling," Han responded. "I never thought I'd be smuggling myself in 'em."

Obi-Wan grabbed your waist, picked you up, and sat you down on the floor of the ship. His hands stayed put, thumbs rubbing against your clothes.

"This is ridiculous," continued Han. "Even if I could take off, I'd never get past the tractor beam."