thirty four

There was something different in the Force around you when you started to come to in the morning. Something that was taking the weight of all your problems off of you. That's when you remembered what happened the night before. The things the Force showed you. Obi-Wan coming to your rescue and gently caring for you. You could feel his arms still securely around your waist and his head resting against your bare back. You wanted to turn around so that you could curl into his chest but were too scared to wake him.

"Be mindful of your thoughts, little star," Obi-Wan murmured against your back. "They are loud."

"Sorry," you mumbled. "I just—"

"Here."

Obi-Wan hands moved and gently helped you turn around to face him. He pulled you close before kissing the tip of your nose.

"Better?" He questioned with a sly smirk.

You nodded, curling up against his chest. "Much. Thank you."

The chuckle that rumbled through Obi-Wan filled you with warmth. You pressed a kiss to his shoulder, holding your lips against him briefly.

"We should talk about what happened in the training room," Obi-Wan suggested, running his hands up and down your back. You sighed, trying to curl into him further. "I was really scared when I saw you up in the air like that."

"I often meditate in the air, but not that high," you admitted quietly. Your eyes focused on your finger tracing random patterns on his chest.

"Then how did you end up that high?"

"The Force."

"Well, that much was obvious."

"I'm serious, Obi." You let out a small sigh. "I let myself be one with the Force and let it guide me."

You paused, thinking about what happened next. Obi-Wan could tell that you were preparing yourself to tell him more and pressed a trail of kisses along your shoulder and up your neck slightly. His signature comforted yours, silently encouraging you to continue.

"It showed me important moments in my life," you whispered. "Like Qui-Gon calming me from my panic and saying goodbye to my mother... it showed me the first time we met, when I volunteered to be separated, and when we were reunited ten years later... I relived the Battle of Geonosis, our first kiss, and when you took me up on that roof and we confessed our feelings."

Once again, you paused. You inhaled deeply, knowing what was coming next. Obi-Wan could sense that the next thing was harder for you—darker. You were trying to keep calm by continuing to trace patterns on his skin. You had yet to meet his gaze during all of this so Obi-Wan hooked a finger under your chin and guided your head up to look at him. His eyes shone nothing but pure love as he looked at you. Slowly, his lips met yours for a sweet but short kiss.

"Take your time," Obi-Wan whispered against your lips.

You nodded, going back to focusing on tracing patterns on Obi-Wan. "Then the darkness rolled in," you continued quietly. "I was shown every moment of my nightmare... I relived the torture and the... the rape." Obi-Wan's arms tightened around you protectively as his jaw clenched. "I felt the pain from your fake death and our severed bond again." He squeezed his eyes shut, guilt filling him. "And when I jumped in to save Anakin's life... I was so scared and the Force wouldn't let me go... it was awful."

Obi-Wan pondered quietly for a moment as his thumbs slightly rubbed against your back. He could feel that you didn't really want any more comfort than he had already given. You simply wished to understand what the point of that experience was. And how he wished he give you all the answers. There was one thing, especially after everything the past weeks, Obi-Wan wished to tell you.