thirty nine

You, Anakin, and Obi-Wan flew your starfighters in sync as you left the star cruiser hangar and joined the battle just below the cruiser. The three of you were dodging attacks as you aimed for the battleship that the Chancellor was being kept in.

"Master, General Grievous's ship is directly ahead," Anakin stated in the comlink, "the one crawling with vulture droids."

"Oh, I see it," Obi-Wan responded. "Oh, this is going to be easy."

You scoffed. "No mission with the two of you is ever easy," you said. As you flew closer to the ship, you could see the vulture droids begin to head towards your starfighters.

"Oddball, do you copy?"

"Copy, Red Leader," Oddball responded.

"Mark my position. Form your squad up behind me."

"We're on your tail, General Kenobi."

"This is where the fun begins," Anakin said. You could hear the smile on his face.

"I am very concerned about what your idea of fun is, Ani," you told him.

"Let them pass between us," Obi-Wan warned as the vulture droids drew closer.

The three of you, along with the clones in their own ships, were dodging both oncoming blasts and vulture droids.

"They're all over me," one of the clones announced. "Get them off my—" Static. You took a deep breath as you felt the loss of the life Force.

"I'm gonna go help them out," Anakin stated.

"No," Obi-Wan quickly replied. "No, they are doing their job so we can do ours."

"Missiles!" You shouted, noticing four of them heading towards your group.

"Pull up!" Anakin ordered. You did as directed.

"They overshot us," Obi-Wan said.

"They're coming around."

The three of you split up to break the missiles away from each other. Two followed Anakin, while one followed you and one followed Obi-Wan.

"Okay," you said, speaking to yourself as you lacked a droid on your ship with you, "let's avoid getting killed today."

"Please do try to avoid that," Obi-Wan's voice filled your ears, proving that nothing said was safe in the starfighters with the comlink on your head.

"As long as you do the same."

You flew down, close to one of the Separatists ships. The missile followed you. As it neared, you prepared your plan. You were incredibly close to the ship, one wrong move and you would crash into it and explode. You took a deep breath, waiting for the opportune moment, before suddenly turning sharply around the ship. The missile wasn't able to move that fast and hit the Separatist ship.

"Flying is for droids," you heard Obi-Wan mutter. You laughed lightly. "I'm hit! Anakin? Y/N?"

"I see them," Anakin responded. "Buzz droids." You pulled up your starfighter to see them as well, all over Obi-Wan's ship.

"R4, be careful. You have a—" You watched as R4's head was ripped off and thrown into the air. "Oh, dear." You slowed down and lined up behind Obi-Wan's ship. "They're shutting down all the controls."

"Move to the right so I can get a clear shot at them."

"The mission. Get to the command ship. Get the Chancellor. I'm running out of tricks here." You began shooting buzz droids off of Obi-Wan's ship, occasionally hitting it and not the droids. "Oh! In the name of— Hold your fire! You're not helping here."