fifty four

You had fallen asleep in Obi-Wan's arms while the two of you cried together. He was grateful that you were finally able to rest after a long and trying time. Though it was now very much day, Obi-Wan had no plans to let go of you anytime soon. Your shields were still thick and high around your Force signature but you were allowing him to hold you and he would take it.

In all honesty, Obi-Wan didn't want to let you go again. He didn't trust anyone else with your beautifully precious body. No one, not even himself, was worthy of you. Too many people now had treated your body like an object that they had control over and Obi-Wan would do his best to make sure nothing like that ever happened again.

You were not an object—especially not to him. To Obi-Wan, you were his whole galaxy. His little star. You were what his world revolved around. You were his precious little star. The Jedi Council had seen you as just the Chosen One for far too long. He absolutely hated that he hadn't been able to stop others from hurting you in various ways. And he hated that it was still all affecting and haunting you these years later.

You moved slightly in your sleep, trying to get impossibly closer to Obi-Wan. He kissed your head as he helped you get as close as you needed. As the two of you lay there on the uncomfortable mat in the small tent, Obi-Wan fought the urge to leave your side and continue building you that well-deserved house. You deserved to be laying in bed there, not on this old mat. But he wasn't ready to let go of you just yet and worried about what might happen if you woke up alone. He ended up falling asleep not long later.

~~~

You woke up, feeling a heaviness on your chest and in the air around you. Your mind was foggy as well. Opening your eyes, you noticed how close you were to Obi-Wan and how his arms were around you. This made you realize that your senses were dulled. As you moved your head enough to look at Obi-Wan's face, you noticed the dried trail of tears going from his eyes and disappearing into his beard. The sight forced your mind to remember what had occurred to make you like this.

The Council had taken the choice of having children from you over ten years ago. And you had just found out.

As you took a shaky breath, your emotions started to overwhelm you again. Pressing your eyes closed, you tried to push them all away but it wasn't working. Carefully, you maneuvered out of Obi-Wan's hold and slipped out of the tent. The newly plastered house almost immediately caught your eye. With slow movements, you walked over to the house. Your hand seemed to have a mind of its own as it reached out to touch the recently dried plaster. Your fingers dragged along bumpy plaster as you walked into the house.

If you had been walking into the house Obi-Wan built for you any other day before this, you would have been in awe. You could have gushed over it and said that he was too good to you. That you didn't deserve to even know a man like him. But now, you don't even know if you had the energy to speak. There was a darkness around you. It was different from the darkness you often felt in the Force when it came to the Dark Side. This was... deeply rooted inside of you; filling your heart, mind, and soul. This was foggy and edging its way from the edge of your vision to slowly, but surely, consume you.

You barely registered any of the house as you took a walk through it. The only thing that was keeping you grounded was your hand running against the walls. If you didn't have your hand against the wall, you honestly wouldn't know where you were. When you reached what seemed to be the master bedroom, your hand dropped from the wall. You stood and stared blankly around the bare room until, slowly, you sunk to your knees.

~~~

Obi-Wan could sense that you were no longer beside him before he opened his eyes. The sensation caused him to sit up quickly and look around.