seventy one

Notes: We're now in The Return of the Jedi! (And I know that many of you will be happy with the next chapter...) Also, I have officially planned out the rest of the series. It will end with chapter 87, so we are closer to the end than you think! Thank you so much for the support and those who have stuck with this series despite it going on after Obi-Wan is officially dead. I appreciate it so much.

~~~

It took almost a year to figure out where Han was being kept and to come up with a plan. During that time, neither you nor Luke returned to Dagobah. Instead, the two of you relied on your training in the Jedi Order from over twenty years ago. Working together, the two of you grew in strength and confidence with the Force. You still didn't like how much of your life was controlled by the Force, but you knew that it was a much-needed ally in the fight against the Empire.

While you worked on getting your strength back with the Force, you could feel and hear Obi-Wan guiding you. Though you hadn't actually seen him since Dagobah, it was enough to know that he was still there, for now.

Currently, you, Leia, Lando, Chewie, and Luke were sitting in the Falcon. The five of you had laid out a plan to go retrieve Han from Jabba's palace on Tatooine. It was a dangerous mission, but it was worth it to all of you.

"Great it's a plan then," Luke said. "I'll take the double passenger fighter with Y/N."

"Actually, I'll meet you there on the Falcon," you said, getting worried looks from everyone. "I... I just... Yeah..." You stood up and exited the room, finding a small room you could be alone in.

You knew that saving Han was important; he was your dear friend and the person Leia loves. But the thought of going back to Tatooine without Obi-Wan was troubling you. You thought that you'd never go back there again. As you sat in the small room, all you could do was think about that house in the canyon made out of love. A small knock on the door pulled you out of your thoughts.

"Come in," you told the person you sensed on the other side.

Leia slipped in and sat down beside you. "How are you?" She asked.

"Honestly? I don't know if I'm ready to go back to Tatooine."

Leia nodded. "That makes sense. I could feel your uneasiness as we were discussing the plan."

"It's not going to stop me from helping to save Han. I know that he is important to you and he is my friend as well."

"I know that," Leia grabbed one of your hands and gave it a light squeeze. "Thank you for helping with this."

"Of course. You make it seem like I wouldn't have."

"Well, you have constantly been fighting for others. I wouldn't blame you for stepping back from the fights."

"It's my duty, Leia."

"Yes, but does it have to be? The Order is gone, Obi-Wan is gone, and you have no reason to stay and help with the Rebellion. No one would blame you for walking away."

"I have a reason to stay, Leia. You are my reason. You are my family. And Luke needs my help with becoming a Jedi. I appreciate the concern and the permission to leave, but this is my place and I am staying."

~~~

The plan to save Han was in full motion. C3PO, R2, Leia, Chewie, and Lando had all been planted in Jabba's palace. You could feel that Leia was even able to unfreeze Han before getting caught. It was now up to you and Luke. You and Luke were standing outside Jabba's main gate. The two of you were clad in Jedi robes. Luke was wearing mostly black while you stuck with the creams and browns of traditional Jedi attire. Your hoods were up to cover your faces