❁Chapter 7: A Painful Promise❁

❁(Y/n)'s POV❁

What have I done... Sure, I lied to them but I failed them a long time ago by not telling them why I look the briefcase. I can't fix my friendship with them now but I can take back my freedom from...

Him.

We ran back towards the Monastery as Zane helps Skylor freeze Nya. Lloyd had the staff in his hands as I had the briefcase in my hands.

Kai: "Sorry we're late!"

Aspheera: "I see you have something of mine."

Lloyd was about to give the staff to Aspheera until he stops in his tracks and looks at the staff.

Aspheera: "Unless you've changed your mind, about saving your friend?"

Lloyd walks towards Aspheera as he gives the staff to her.

Lloyd: "No. We had a deal."

Aspheera had a grin on her face as she threw the tea cup to the side and grabs the staff from Lloyd.

Aspheera: "Finally."

Lloyd took a step back as Aspheera got ready to take the powers of Nya... Or so we thought. Aspheera points her staff at Nya until she looked at us with as evil grin. She suddenly points the staff towards us.

Aspheera: "Revenge, revenge!"

She shot at us as we all dodged in time and started to hide away from her.

Aspheera: "This is the revenge I deserve! Revenge! Because of all of you, my cunning has been wasted on stupid origami!"

She fires at where I'm hiding as I move to the side.

Aspheera: "And because of you! I got locked up because of your stupid friends!"

She suddenly fires at me as I used the briefcase to block the attack. She continues to fire at us as I tried to hide away from her until the alarms activated. We looked at the screen as we saw that the police were here.

Aspheera: "You betrayed me... Again?!"

Master Wu: "What? No, I swear I didn't!"

Kai: "They're not after you! They're after us."

Master Wu: "Why are they after you? You said you could get the staff without being spotted!"

Kai: "Well, there were complications."

Master Wu: "Like what?"

Kai: "Does it matter? The point is, we're all..."

Zane: "Kai said my name aloud, thereby revealing our identities."

Master Wu sighs in disappointment as I hit Kai in the back of the head with the briefcase. Master Wu noticed the briefcase.

Master Wu: "A... Briefcase? Where did you get that?"

(Y/n): "I stole it... Sorry but I needed it for something!"

Master Wu: "And what's that?"