*⁠.⁠✧Chapter 23: Brave but Foolish*⁠.⁠✧

∘˚˳°3rd person∘˚˳°

As the people run in fear because of the Vengestone army, the Commander sits on the edge of the temple as she felt weird. She felt like something was wrong as something strong and powerful was rooming around the city. From behind her, Harumi was walking towards her as she stops and looks at her.

Harumi: "Is... Something wrong?"

"Commander": "Sister... Something is wrong. I can tell and I can't understand what it is. I feel like... Something powerful is coming..."

Harumi: "How so?"

"Commander": "I've been feeling this familiar energy source. It was so powerful... It felt connected to me. It's close and it's in the city. I don't know what it is but it's getting stronger the more it roams around the city."

Harumi: "Do you think it's dangerous...?"

"Commander": "Who knows... But we'll figure it out soon enough..."

The Commander sighs but heard something from afar. They looked up to the sky as she saw one of the vehicles from the ninja approaching towards the temple. She gets up from the edge as she backs away from the edge as she looked at the Crystal King.

Harumi: "The ninja approach, Master."

Crystal King: "Let the fools come. This temple will drain their vehicles and leave them powerless."

Harumi: "Perhaps we should take cover?"

"Commander": "We're going to be fine. Last time, it fell when it got close. Don't worry about-"

The temple was hit as it rumbles while Harumi, the Commander, and the Crystal King fall to the ground. The Commander was shock as she stood back up with an angry expression on her face.

"Commander": "Puta madre... How is that even possible?!"

Crystal King: "Wait... Ah, yes, I see. Some kind of shielding."

The Bounty approached the temple as it attached grappling hooks at it. The temple started to move and rumble.

Harumi: "What's happening?"

Crystal King: "The fools! They're trying to drag us from the city!"

The Commander was getting irritated as she then whistles very loud.

"Commander": "Dragonides! Charge!"

The mouth of the temple opens as many Dragonides are released into the wild. They all started to attack the Bounty as the Commander jumps off the temple with Harumi as they landed on a Dragonide. It fired at one of the thrusters as it fell off to the ground. Master Wu went to face the Overlord as he jumps off the Bounty and flies towards the temple. The Commander jump onto the Bounty as she laughs.

"Commander": "Nice to see you again, Lloyd... I've been waiting for some time now. Now... Fight!"

She charges at Lloyd with the Spear of Jadeite. He blocks her attack as he started to use Spinjitzu on her but she started to use Spinjitzu too. Their attacks were almost the same as they continued to fight until Lloyd strikes her veil, making it cut in half as her face was revealed... She quickly covered her face and drops her weapon to the ground while she makes her back face him. Lloyd saw a familiar mark on the back of her neck as he gasps.

Lloyd: "Wait..."

The Commander uncovers her face and faces him...

Though he didn't want to believe it, he just couldn't. It was a familiar face he knew too well... The one who was missing for days...

(Y/n).

She groans in frustration as she grabs the Spear of Jadeite again and started to fight him again. He was frozen in place as he got thrown to the ground by (Y/n). She walks over him as she smiles...

"What's wrong...? Cat got your tongue?"

She started to giggle and then laugh maniacally. It was like she was a new person. Lloyd didn't want to believe it as he backs away from her.

Lloyd: "What... Did they do to you?"

(Y/n): "I like to call it, "An upgrade." But you seem shock... What's wrong?"

He continues to back away from her while she continues to approach him with a wicked smile.

Lloyd: "S-snap out of it... Snap out of it!"

She raises her spear to the air as she laughs maniacally. This wasn't (Y/n). He closes his eyes and prepare for an impact until Garmadon hits her with his Oni powers and gets throw to the side and drops her spear again. She groans in frustration until she looked down to her waist to see a hole on her side. She got to her knees as she felt weak. Lloyd gets back up as (Y/n) quickly gets back up and jumps off the Bounty. Elijah catches her as he flies away back to the temple.

While that's happening, Master Wu failed to defeat the Overlord as he was thrown off the temple but quickly opens his glider and started to fly to somewhere safe. The Crystal King started to gather his powers as the whole entire city was starting to get covered with many crystals.

Crystal King: "Finally you see, the true scope of my power!"

He then fires at the bounty and made a hole in the middle of it. It caught on fire and started to fall down from the sky.

Nya: "The air brakes! Hit the air brakes! It's our only chance!"

Lloyd quickly went to the controls and pulled on the lever as they Bounty tried to stay intact and slow down the fall. Suddenly, he Bounty broke in half as Nya falls with it while Lloyd and Garmadon were in the other one... They crashed to the ground as they Bounty was no more...

The ninja failed...

Everything was now in chaos...

But there's always another day to fight...

We...

...Will...

...Rise.

(A/n- To that person who is telling me to update quickly, I can't do that. First of all, I'm getting busy finding a job. Second, I'm sick as my throat hurts. Understand that I can't post every day. It's almost every 2-4 days I post or not. So please, I'm asking you to understand that I can't keep up.)

(Created on- 11/17/23)