❁Chapter 22: Christofern❁

∘˚˳°3rd person∘˚˳°

Outside… the world is about to be destroyed, I guess. But anyways, Garmadon stood in front of Lloyd and Master Wu as he was drinking some of his coffee while wearing a robe around his body.

Garmadon: "Hm…"

He just stares at them until Lloyd seems to like that reaction from his father.

Lloyd: "That's all you have to say? Hm?"

Garmadon: "I was expecting a pizza. I don't suppose you're delivering for Buddy's Pizza?"

Master Wu: "We are not!"

Master Wu walks inside the apartment as with Lloyd while Garmadon stepped to the side.

Garmadon: "Wipe your feet. Vinny just vacuumed."

Garmadon gets in the apartment as the TV is on. The news was showing the Crystal King's temple getting closer to the city as well as the Commander just flying around with her Dragonide, causing chaos wherever she goes. Garmadon turns off the TV as he has a spray bottle in his hands.

Garmadon: "Now what are you jabbering about?"

Lloyd: "What are you doing here? This makes no sense!"

Master Wu: "You've been here the whole time? In the middle of Ninjago City? Explain this, brother! Explain the newspaper clippings, and– and why you're here… and… all of it!"

Garmadon went to spray the small potted plant next to the window as he smiled at it. He looks back at his brother and son.

Garmadon: "Hmm. I was hoping to avoid this conversation. But, since you're here, I may as well tell you the tale. It was after that squabble with the Omega Oni. After I saved all your lives."

Lloyd: "Wait, what?"

Master Wu: "Lloyd."

Lloyd looks away as he is upset at his father. Garmadon continued with the tale…

Garmadon: "I didn't know what to do with myself. I was usually the one trying to conquer Ninjago. Not save it. It was a peculiar feeling. I found myself… confused. Why had I saved your lives? Did I actually care? I decided to do a little thinking…"

"Take some "me" time. I had questions about the nature of good and evil. I knew all about evil but little about good. And I was curious… did I have the capacity for good? Could I help people? All around me, I saw weak little humans trying their best to accomplish mental tasks. Like trimming bushes, twig by twig, or trying to break ropes by pulling on them. It was madness. But I realized, I was in a position to help them achieve their pointless goals."

Lloyd: "Their goals aren't pointless, they were trying to-"

He was interrupted when Garmadon just burped when he finished drinking the soda. He throws it to the side as he didn't like his son interrupting him on his tale.

Garmadon: "Do you intend to continue interrupting me? Or may I finish?"

Master Wu: "Finish. Please"