♪Chapter 20: Return to Primeval's Eye♪

∘˚˳°3rd person∘˚˳°

Lloyd and Harumi walked through the forest as Lloyd cuts through the leaves and vines while he makes Harumi get in front of him so he can keep an eye on her in case she does something.

Harumi: "That looks like hard work. Why don't you let me take a turn?"

Lloyd: "Hah! Fat chance."

Harumi: "Suit yourself."

They continued walking as Harumi talks.

Harumi: "You know, this reminds me of the last time we were here. Do you remember? Just you and me, fighting our way through the jungle"

Lloyd: "And (Y/n). And stop it."

Harumi: "Stop what?"

Lloyd: "You know what. Stop trying to get in my head."

Harumi: "Oh, am I in your head? Are you thinking about me?"

Lloyd: "No. Now walk, perra."

Lloyd pushes her as Harumi realized what he called her but tries to ignore it. She hold her balance against some giant leaves.

Harumi: "Well, I'm thinking about you. About how things could have been different between us."

Lloyd: "You made your choices, Harumi. And besides, (Y/n) is the opposite of you. She is kind and amazing. Unlike you and your choices."

Harumi: "We can still be together. If you come back with me, and surrender to the Crystal King, I can get him to spare your life. I know it!"

Lloyd: "I said no and I meant-"

Before he could finish, Harumi moved to the side and let the giant leaf hit him. It made him get thrown back as he lets go of the katana. Harumi caught the katana as she smirks.

Harumi: "Thanks!"

She then ran off as Lloyd quickly got back up and chases after her.

Lloyd: "Get back here!"

He ran through the leaves and vines to try and get Harumi until he heard her yelp. He tried to figure out what happened until he fell. He slid down a slope as he tries to hold on into something but broke off a branch. He got to the end of the slope as he fell to the ground or so he thought. He saw that Harumi was stuck in the mud as he spits some out of his mouth. He saw that his clothes and were also messed up as it was covered in mud.

Lloyd: "Well, that worked out well for you!"

Harumi: "Don't move."

Lloyd: "What are you talking about? Of course I'm gonna move, I'm up to my waist in mud!"

Harumi: "I said, don't move! It's not mud. It's quicksand."

Lloyd looks down as he realized that she was right. They were both sinking in the quicksand quickly.

Lloyd: "Oh, great."