02| You

"It's the best future, isn't it...Y/n?"

"Huh, who was that?" you muttered, still lying in bed. The image of the male flooded your mind as you stared up at the feeling. It almost felt as if he was important in some way.

*Bang Bang*

" Y/n, get up! You have school!" Your mother yelled as she banged on the door.

You sat up to look at the clock at the desk beside your bed. It read 5:50 a.m.

"My alarm hasn't even gone off yet." You groaned and flopped back down on your bed, covering your head with a pillow.

It was a typical morning. The sun was just beginning to light up the sky, a beautiful sunrise painting the sky with its pinkish hues. You spent about 10 minutes lying in bed before getting up and deciding to get ready.

You grabbed your school uniform and walked to the upstairs bathroom to shower and get ready. Morning showers were always your favorite as they helped you wake up and get ready. No matter how many times you swear, you could fall back asleep under the hot water.

After getting out of the shower, you changed into your school uniform, did your hair, and headed downstairs.

As you walked into the kitchen, you saw your mother reading a magazine as she leaned over the island, eating some yogurt. She turned to look at you with a slight glare.

"Well, look how it is," she said mockingly as she looked away from you, "You know me and your father have somewhere to be," your mother said.

"Another business trip?" you asked, opening the fridge doors.

"Just on a small vacation," she replied, "We leave today, so you know."

"You guys just returned home," you groaned, closing the fridge doors.

"I know, but your father and I are important people, so we could use the trip. And you have to take care of the school. Such as the student council," she lectured.

You've heard this lecture a thousand times. Our mother always loves to explain why you can't take a vacation yourself.

She couldn't seem to get through her thick skull that you're not even on the student council.

But honestly, you didn't mind  if they left because you'd have the house to yourself.

You let out a small sigh as you grabbed an apple from the fridge. You began your way out the door; you could feel your mother's eyes trailing you as you walked.

"Your driver won't be here another 30 minutes," she said.

"I'll be fine walking," you declared.

Your mother shot you another glare as she shrugged her shoulders.

You ran to your room, grabbed your book bag, headphones, and anything else you might need, and headed out the door. You walked out of the gates that guarded your home and didn't pay much mind to the cold air around you.

You admired the chirping birds, the sky, and the sound of cars driving on the streets. It was Monday, so, of course, the road was busy. You waited to cross the road and walked across with pace.

You looked at your surroundings once more as you took in the faces of the individuals around you. You took the headphones that rested around your neck and placed them over your ears, beginning to blast your favorite playlist as you walked.

You were enrolled in Mizo Middle School. A school filled with delinquents. It wasn't a good school, not that your parents cared. On the other hand, the school wasn't far from home, and your parents wanted you to be social. Your parents constantly told you to try to make friends, no matter who they were.