36| End

"I...don't know how it ended up this way."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(TW: SENSITIVE CONTENT)

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

After facing Mikey's death, Takemichi and Noato returned to Tokyo. Mikey's words flooded Takemichi's mind.

"She'll do better without me. I've caused her more pain than anything. Yet...she never leaves."

What could Mikey mean? Noato confirmed that Y/n was dead in this future, that everyone was dead. But to Takemichi, it sounded like Mikey was saying she was alive.

"Tell Y/n...I said I'm sorry," Mikey's voice echoed once more.

Takemichi stared at Noato, who sat in the car's driver's seat.

"Tell me the truth, Noato," Takemichi paused, "Is Y/n alive?"

Noato stayed silent as he looked down before returning his gaze to the road, "I didn't want you to find out,"

Takemichi was confused, "Find out?"

Noato gave a small exhale before speaking.

"Y/n Sato is...more corrupt than Manjiro Sano ever was," Noato spoke.

"What?..." Takemichi muttered as he stared at Noato.

This couldn't be true. Takemichi refused to believe it. Memories flooded into Takemichi's mind of Y/n. Memories of them fighting together and winning the battle against the Black Dragon. The way she smiled when she got her position as advisor. The way she would stand at Mikey's side so proudly.

"Even more corrupt," Takemichi said, "Y/n could never be like that!"

Takemichi stared at Noato, awaiting an answer. Noato's expression softened slightly.

"I knew you wouldn't believe it," Noato said as he kept his eyes on the road.

Takemichi's eyes widened slightly as his gaze turned to his clenched fists in his lap, "What happened to her?"