29| The Deity

(This is a chapter I decided to publish while working on the Draft for my other story. I hope you enjoy it tho. It might end up being somewhat boring, lol. SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS)

.

.

.

.

.

You started your way to go to the address Mikey sent you. It looked to be some park. It just didn't help that the quickest way there was through some sketchy area.

The lights were all dimmed, and there was no figure to be found. So that gave you a little peace of mind knowing that possibly no one was there, but you weren't stupid. You know someone could be lurking behind any of these corners.

But you decided to take your chances; after all, you were in a hurry to see Mikey.

"I think I'm already regretting this..." you muttered as you walked.

You walked through the streets with Dorayaki in hand, carefully looking around.

"look! A toman girl...?" a voice said.

"Shit..." you muttered.

It came down to two choices.

1) run.

2) play it cool.

You thought about it.

Running would draw attention to you and get you chased, but if you play it cool, you're just an easy target. And running wasn't your strong suit.

*FLICK*

As you picked up your pace, you could feel a presence behind you, holding what seemed to be a knife to your throat.

"You just had to take the sketchy street, didn't you..." you muttered to yourself in disappointment.

"That's a Toman uniform, correct?" the voice said.

"..."

"Answer. Don't forget who has a knife to her throat," he ordered.

"And what if it is?" you asked coldly.

The man behind you was pretty tall, but judging from his voice- he was just another street punk, likely around your age. He probably has something against The Tokyo Manji Gang. A lot of people do in this area...

"Then, that would prove you her," he answered.

"Her?"

"The only female in The Tokyo Manji Gang. The Advisor. Or better yet, The Deity of Revenge. Ring a bell?" the male asked.

"Nope...sorry," you muttered.

"Are you lying right now?"

"Maybe?"

You were lying. You had no reason to own up to be the person he spoke of. Even if...you were her.

You never thought the name, Deity of Revenge, would stick. But you had to guess; it was thanks to Hanma.

"You stupid bitch. You can't be as smart as they say."

"Hey- I never said I was her. You said I was," you muttered, shrugging your shoulders.

You were being bold right now. But you didn't see any other way. If you acted scared, this situation wouldn't work out any better.

You slowly put the bag of Dorayaki on the ground and gently kicked it to the side.