32| 2v1

(some dialogue used from chapters 100-103)
(TW: injury description, cursing)

.

.

.

.

.

"Okay, Y/n. Let's go!" Takemichi yelled.

"Right!" you yelled in return.

You and Takemichi charged at Taiju.

You both were beaten up pretty well. Takemichi more than you.

But there are still some visible bruises and gashes on your face. Some blood dripped from your nose that you wiped every couple of minutes, and your uniform had some tears but nothing terrible.

As for Takemichi, there was blood running all down his face. Blood runs from his nose and gashes from his mouth. There were trails of blood that came from his eyes.

But even then, Takemcihi had that same glimmer in his eyes. That same glimmer that everyone admired. 

"AAAAAHH!!!" Takemichi yelled as he charged.

You both began your fight.

Maybe it did seem wrong to have a 2v1. But if it was a monster like Taiju, you didn't see a problem with it.

You and Takemichi ran in Taiju's direction. As Takemichi raised a fist, you cut to the left and ran behind Taiju. 

You could see Taiju's eyes follow you as you run.

As you made an opening for Takemichi, you could see Takemichi fist make contact with Taiju's face.

Taiju didn't seem to take damage from Takemcihi's punch. 

Not letting up, you jumped, planning to land a kick onto Taiju. But Taiju grabbed you by your ankle before you could make contact and threw you to the side.

"Y/N!" Takemichi yelled.

You could feel your back make contact with a bench as you landed on it.

"I couldn't land anywhere else..." you muttered to yourself.

"You guys, stop!!! He's too strong; you can't win!!" Hakkai yelled from the background, "You can't change anything!!"

At this point, Hakkai was starting to get on your nerves more than before. He was starting to sound like a broken record.

You could see Taiju swing his fist at Takemichi as you began to get back up. Takemichi's gaze stayed on you in concern, not even noticing Taiju's incoming punch.

"Takemichi! Look out!" you yelled.

Takemichi turned to look at Taiju at your words only to be struck in the face. He was then sent flying. As Takemichi landed on the floor, Hakkai was standing behind him.

Takemichi then began to stand up.

"You're wrong, Hakkai," Takemichi said as he stood to his feet, "You're the one who can't change,"

Hakkai seemed confused by Takemichi's words.

At this point, Takemichi's left eye was swollen shut.

You could tell Takemichi was reminiscing on his past. Likely the pain he went through in the future: possibly your death, Chifuyu's, Hinata's. You could see it in the way he stood. He was letting out every feeling he's burdened for so long.

You continued fighting as Takemichi regained some of his strength and stamina.

You ran at Taiju once more. You were determined to land a strike more than ever. You then jumped. You then twisted your body and raised your leg. You aimed for Taiju's head. And luckily, it hit.