06| Distant

Some time has passed since you encountered Aoi Jin. You haven't seen her since. Most likely, it's because you haven't seen Mikey; he's been distant since the incident with the Tokyo Manji gang, in other words, Toman.

Ever since the day Mikey fell into your arms, he's been...weirdly distant. 

Flashback~

It was after school, and you were walking outside the building to see Mikey there, waiting for you.

"Hey," You smiled as you walked up to him.

You could see Mikey leaning on his bike as he smiled at you. You could swear in that moment, time stopped. You didn't know what it was. The way he smiled, the way he was so protective over you, the way he was so gentle with you?  you didn't know what it was. 

"Y/n! How was school?" he questioned as he smiled.

Mikey was always there after school to drive you home. After the incident at the mall, he didn't want you to walk alone.

"It was pretty good," you said as you smiled.

"Good," Mikey smiled.

Mikey led you to his bike, and you followed. It took around 20 minutes for Mikey to drive you home.

As you arrived, you unlocked your gate and walked to the front door. Mikey walked beside you. You both didn't say much; it was nice to be in his company.

"Hey, Y/n," Mikey said, looking at you nervously.

"Hm?" you hummed.

Mikey's nervous expression made you confused.

"I won't be able to make it tomorrow," Mikey said, looking down.

You and Mikey made plans for tomorrow. It would be a group thing with Takemichi, Hina, and Draken.

"Oh," you said as your voice trailed off.

You think Mikey could tell you were a little upset.

"We can make plans some other time," you said, "Don't worry."

Mikey smiled before turning to look at you.

"I'm glad I got that off my chest," he laughed. 

You then reached the front door as Mikey trailed behind you; a thought came to you, "Would you want to come in?" you questioned.

"Yeah, sure," he smiled.

You got the key from your bag, unlocked the door, and let Mikey inside. You both took off your shoes, and you led Mikey to the living room.

As you led him to the living room, he was distracted by all the pictures on the wall. He stared at all the images of a younger you.

You couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

"You were pretty cute," Mikey teased.

"Were," you mumbled as you rolled your eyes sightly.

"Sorry. I should've said you are cute, right?" Mikey said as he smirked.

A small blush came across your face. You didn't know he could hear you. Maybe you don't talk as low as you thought you did. 

"Go sit on the couch," you muttered.

Mikey laughed, he could tell he made you flustered.

The living room and kitchen were connected. The living room would be in one place, and the counter would separate the kitchen from the living room. (if that makes sense. sorry)