1

"I never really thought of it that way." Lieta said, as Harry told her something quickly.

"Then never do." he smiled, as Avery came over.

"Hey guys. Did you manage to buy him a lunch?" she asked her half sister, as Lieta shook her head.

"Guess it's my turn!" Avery laughed, as she sat down.

"You shall not win." Harry said confidently, not wanting the girls to spend their money on him.

"You better beat him quickly, we've only got ten minutes." Lieta reminded her, as she checked the timetable they had been given for school.

"That's my plan." Avery grinned. After around 8 minutes and a short roasting battle between the man and girl, Avery beat him and handed him 10 dollars.

"Buy yourself something filling." she grinned. They said their goodbyes and walked off into the distance, where their school was located.

"I can't believe Libby's dating that monster again." Lieta grimaced, as Avery sighed.

"There'll be blueberry muffins soon enough."

"Or red velvet." Lieta shrugged. They knew their sister and her way of apologising. The amount of baked goods was insane. No one thought it was healthy, though there was no way of stopping their blue haired sister.

As they reached the entrance, they entered and headed towards their classroom at the end of the hallway. First things first was a lesson with Mr. Smith.

"This'll be fun." Avery shook her head, as the two sat down.

They were very alike, though only sharing the same father. Avery's mother had died young and Lieta's had handed her over to Ricky Grambs as soon as she was born. Leading to the both of them being taken in by Libby, after Avery's mother passed. Though they both knew  of her love.

"Protocol from start of year. Avery Kylie Grambs?" Mr. Smith started.

"Present." Avery giggled, as Lieta showed her sister a funny drawing of the teacher.

After a couple more names were said, it was Lieta's turn.

"Lieta Mae Cege?"

"Here." she said rather loudly, making Avery giggle to herself. "Shut up." she bit her lower lip, to stop herself from going in on the laughter.

After only making it to 20 minutes in the lesson, the speaker went off: "Could Miss Cege and Grambs please come to the front office."

"Miss Grambs, Cege. I presume you haven't done anything?" Mr. Smith asked the two, as they collected their things.

"No, sir." Lieta told their teacher, as they exited the classroom.

"Who'd you think died?" Avery rushed next to her half sister, as they made their way down to the the front office.

"No one I hope." Lieta replied. Nothing good ever came from a meeting with the principal.

Once the two walked into the front office, they were greeted by their principal.

"Miss Grambs, Cege. Please follow me." he lead the two into his office, awaiting them was a stern blond haired man and their sister with her obvious blue hair.

"Who died?" Lieta said, making the man raise an eyebrow.

"No one. I'm sorry sir, but would you please leave." the man asked, though the head master didn't seem pleased.

"But-"

"Now." the man said pointedly.
"Very well." and with that he left the four in one room. It was clear he hadn't wanted to, but this man seemed to have an authority over people.

"Libby-" Lieta muttered. Their sister looked up with weary eyes.

„Just listen to him." she sighed, waving her hand in the blond man's direction.

„Which one of you is Avery Kylie Grambs?" he questioned, as Avery shifted.

„How do you know my name?" she asked annoyed, making the man roll his eyes. He went ahead and ignored her question.

„And you're Lieta Mae Cege. Good. I'm Grayson Hawthorne. You're both needed for a will reading being held in the state of Texas." he explained, as Lieta scoffed.

„Like im going." she laughed, making Libby look up.

„I'm afraid you're needed, otherwise Tobias Hawthorne's will cannot be read. The plane tickets are bought, I need you to go pack for a stay of one to two nights. Here are the tickets.", he handed them an envelope, „The will will be read, once you arrive."

With that he left the room, ignoring Avery's questions.

„Like hell I'm going." Lieta scoffed, as she handed the envelope to her sister.

„Come on, see it as an adventure, your first time flying!" Libby tried to encourage her younger half sister.

„I see no point. I'll be given some watch at most and then I get to leave again, I have to study. I don't need to waste my time in Texas." she told them, playing with her hands.

„Please. It'll be funny. Random sisters, at a reading of a will, they don't even know the person of." Avery grinned.

„Fine." Lieta huffed and followed the two out of the office, back to their home. They packed bare necessities, it wasn't as if Avery and Lieta weren't currently living in their car. Drake had been pissing them off and even though they didn't want to leave their sister alone, it was taking a toll on their mental and physical health making them need to leave Libby with him.

They couldn't change her choices and she couldn't change theirs.

„This is kinda cool." Avery grinned, as they sat in their plane seats. Neither of the two had ever flown before, making them want to enjoy this new experience. Especially, as it was in first class and they could only dream about affording seats like them again.

„If you think, it's only because of some bloody watch or something, it is kinda cool." Lieta commented, making Avery smirk.

„How rich was this guy?" she questioned.

„Rich Rich. I googled him, after hearing Mr. Hawthorne say his name. He was a philanthropist." Lieta explained, having checked who the man was on google straight after.

„A what now?" Avery quirked an eyebrow upward.

„Basically a very very rich guy." Lieta dumbed it down a notch, making Avery finally nod in understanding.

(15/8/22)