16

"Idiots." I mutter, as I hear Jameson punch Grayson.

"Brotherly idiots." Avery says sarcastically, making me laugh.

"Ooo." I grit my teeth, as I hear Jameson get a punch from Grayson.

"I'm sure they're fine." Avery drags out the last word, making me bite my inner cheek. Idiots.

The door opens with Jameson exiting through the door, his shoulder slightly bloody.

"Why?" Avery asks annoyed, as they leave the corridor. I decide to reenter the office, where I see Grayson sat at his desk, writing upon paper again.

He seemed fine, other than his jaw having light blood on it.

"You're both ridiculous." I tell him, closing the door behind me and sitting back down in my seat.

"Not as ridiculous, as you telling them our information." he hums not looking back up.

"You're going to keep bringing that up aren't you?" I sigh, remembering how petty he could be.

"Of course I will." he tells me, looking over.

"What?" I ask annoyed, as his eyes stare into mine.

"Nothing." he shrugs not looking away.
I'm sure he thinks that those eyes could buy him the world. They probably have in the past. They've probably got him jobs, deals, agreements, anything he's wanted, whether it be people to do what he wants or get something for him or just to get him almost anything. They've got him everything. So I can't let them get to me too.

"Those eyes can't get you everything." I shake my head, as he chuckles.

"How sure are you about that?" he asks, not breaking the eye contact.

"Pretty sure." I shake my head and open my bag, which I had forgotten to take off for the past hour.

"Here." I tell him, as I pull out a tissue and pour some water onto it. I lightly turn his face and wipe the blood off of his jaw.

"You're both idiots."
"Like you care." he laughs, as I shake my head.

"We could've just told them." I nod in thought, as he shakes his head.

"Absolutely not." he tells me and I shake my head, they were ridiculous. I grab a second tissue, patting his jaw dry.

"Thank you." he nods, as I throw away the tissues.

"Should we look at these tomorrow?" I ask and he nods.

"Of course." Grayson stands up, walking towards the door.

I follow him, exiting the room and letting him close the door. "Come on."

We walk down the hallways, towards what I'm presuming is my bedroom. I still have no clue where it is.

"Here you go." Grayson opens my door.

"Thank you." I giggle at how formal he was being.

"What's so funny?" he asks, as I just shake my head with a laugh.

"You're acting like we don't have a clue who the other is. Acting all formal." he just shakes his head.

"Good night." he nods. He places his hand on the back of my head and pulls me forward, placing a light kiss on my forehead.

He doesn't look at me, as he leaves and just closes the door, leaving me stunned.

"What?" I mumble quietly, not knowing what had just happened.

*

"Lieta!" Avery shakes me awake. I pull a cushion on top of my head, annoyed by her current presence.

"What?" I ask, as I turn to look at her.

"Has Grayson ever mentioned someone called Emily Laughlin?" she asks. I rack my brain, trying to remember some time where he could've mentioned the name, but I just shake my head.

"No, why?" I sit up, as Avery sits down next to me.

"Well...I mentioned the name around Jameson, after finding something about her name, as I was curious. But as soon as I mentioned the name, he just stood there, told me not to bring her up." she explained. I sat there confused.

"I'm sure it's not that bad." I try to reassure her, though with no luck.

"He seemed really defensive and said if I needed to know anything to ask Grayson, as he apparently knew more than him. So I was wondering, if you could ask him."

"Absolutely not." I answer, shaking my head as if it was obvious.

"Why not?" Avery asks confused.

"If Jameson reacted like that, I am not asking Grayson. That guy's extremely closed off and I'm starting to get to him, I'm not going to ruin that." I tell her.

"Fine, I'll ask him." Avery stands up, leaving the room.

"It won't end well!" I yell, as she closes the door.

*

I'm sitting at my desk, doing my ridiculous French homework. Nothing on this paper makes sense.

"Je ne veux pas..." I mutter scribbling down the words.

I turn, as there's a knock on the door: "Come in."

Grayson stalks in, his jaw tight and eyes cold. He stares at me, as if he's waiting for me to tell him something.

"What?" I ask annoyed, not knowing what he wants.

"Why's your sister asking about Emily?" he raises an eyebrow.

"I honestly could not tell you. All I know is, she came to me this morning, asking whether I had heard the name or whether you had mentioned the name and I told her no. She asked me to ask you and I told her in her dreams." I reiterated what had happened this morning.

"Tell her not to touch the subject. You shouldn't either." he spits, not changing his line of sight.

"I won't." I hold my hands up, trying to get the fact over that I couldn't care less. Although, I was slightly intrigued.

"Good." he turns and starts to leave.

"Wait.", I call and he turns around, "Maybe bad timing. But you don't happen to know any French do you?"

I let out an awkward laugh, hoping I wasn't doing something stupid.

"You're looking at the best in his year." Grayson smirks, walking over.

"Of course I am." I mutter, as I tell him to grab a chair from the other side of the room.

(5/12/22)