17

"In the forest, there's a part called Westbrook." Grayson explains, as I stare at the map with my eyes wide.

"You own a forest?" I ask astounded, making Grayson laugh.

"You, own a forest."

"Forgot about that."

A knock sounds on the door, Grayson quickly packs the map away, as I call out: "Come in."

Alisa walks in, a folder in hand.

"Good you're both here. We've got a charity ball coming up, the whole family's going. Including you two, now." Alisa walks over opening her folder, as I sigh.

"Another one?" I ask annoyed.

"This one's been planned for a year, before you were here. There's no way of cancelling it." Alisa sighs, as she sees my annoyed face.

"Point is. I've managed to get Libby and Nash to go for a theme. Avery and Jameson are also going for a theme. That leaves the both of you. Red, Black or purple?" she looks up, as I stare at her confused.

"We're not matching." I tell her sternly.

"It's not matching per-say. It's more...hinting. More in the sense of eldest siblings to youngest."

"Who's Xander going with?" Grayson questions, making me nod, also wondering.

"Thea Calligaris." Alisa tells us.

"Thea who?" I ask.

"Thea Calligaris. Zara's niece." Grayson explains, rubbing my shoulder.

"Ah." I nod, the girl Avery was with on the first day of school.

"Right, so again, red, black or purple?" Alisa asks getting her pen out.

"Black." Grayson tells her. Alisa looks down to me and I nod.

"It's a change." I answer, as she scribbles down the colour.

"I'll see to, that your clothes get made." she nods turning around and leaving the room.

"I say we go check the forest, it's got the bridge called Westbrook, which is Nash's name and the forest is named Blackwood, that's Xander." Grayson tells me. I nod in agreement. We get up and leave the room, walking through the halls.

I realise someone or some people are following us, so I tun to Grayson.

"The other two are on our tale." I whisper, as he shrugs.

"Let them figure out, what we already know." he whispers, as I smile.

We walk towards the forest, Avery and Jameson on our tale and John very close. He didn't like the idea.

"The bridge would be obvious wouldn't it?" I ask, as he nods.

"The obvious place is the best place to hide something." Grayson explains, as we head towards the bridge.

"You search the handle, I'll check the floor." he tells me and I start looking around. I check the top, bottom, sides everything. Though I can't seem to find anything.

"I've got nothing." I tell Grayson, as he gets to the end of his part as well.

"Here!" he shouts, I run over, crouching down next to him, as he removes the wooden plank.

"And?"

"Number 8." he says and shows me the plank.
"Or infinity." I counter, wanting to make sure we remember all possibilities.

"Options. Both of them could mean something. He might want us to be looking for double meanings, maybe only singular ones. I'm not sure enough." Grayson thinks aloud, making me grin.