25

"I think they hate us." I whispered to Grayson, as we made our way through the tunnels. We were a far distance from everyone else, however I didn't want them to hear us and as the tunnels were quite echoy, I decided to leave my loud voice for outside.

"They don't. They're just a little upset that we beat them to it." he whispered back, as I shrugged. That was also a possibility, therefore I just tricked myself into believing him.

Upfront with Avery and Jameson:

"I suggest you come and drown yourself with me." Jameson smirked, as Avery rolled her eyes.

"I'm not getting drunk with you." she stated, as Jameson sighed. He crossed his arms thinking for a moment.

"I believe this calls for a rooftop dance." he waved his hands around, as if performing magic, as she grinned.

"Don't get my sister drunk!" Lieta yelled from far away, as Jameson pointed his middle fingers at her, flipping her off.

"Our siblings are one hundred percent dating." Avery sighed, rubbing her eyes.

"Acting like we aren't halfway." Jameson swung his arm around her, as they walked up the stairs, back to the ground floor.

"Halfway?" she questioned, though Jameson just laughed.

"You act like you're not doubting us the whole time. You never gave me a definite answer." he spoke, though Avery just sighed.

"Maybe because I'm a little scared." she admitted, though Jameson just grinned.

"Don't be, Heiress. We'll be the fun couple." he smirked, as Avery looked back up at him. She quickly looked behind her to her younger sister, yes, she was definitely the fun one, though Libby would always win.

"Guys? Do you know what this is on the floor?" Avery turned to see Lieta looking at something intently.

"No clue, Li." Jameson shrugged, as Avery agreed. They both walked off and left the two alone.

Back with Lieta's POV:

"Bullets." Grayson said carefully, crouching down next to me. I didn't dare touch them even though they were harmless.

"Move over." John came and shooed us from the small metal pieces. He spoke into his ear piece, as I watched him examine the bullets.

"Come on," he stood up, as we still stood waiting for him, "the team'll come and check the bullets."

We nodded and turned around heading out of the tunnel, whilst I asked: "Still up for a swim after all that?"

Grayson agreed, saying it was about time we did something not mystery related, which I could honestly not argue with. The mystery had taken over our lives and I think it made us all go mad.

"I'll meet you in 15." he said, walking the opposite direction. I nodded and headed to the left, as John followed behind me.

"Please walk next to me, you feel like a living shadow." I told him, though he just laughed at my comment.

*

"Care to tell me what was in that letter of yours?" I asked, as I circled Grayson in the pool. He shook his head, making me groan in annoyance.

"Am I that untrustworthy?" I questioned, though again he shook his head.

"You know that I trust you. I just find that the content of that letter should not be discussed under any circumstances." he mentioned. I stopped floating on my back and now kicked the water with my feet, as it was now his turn to circle me.

"What about yours?" he asked, though I shrugged.

"Just the sugar packet. Tons of fun." I chuckled.

"What do you plan on doing with your mother?" I asked, I had been curious since he had won the game, yet I wanted to shoot my curiosity in the head. There was no point in asking, I'd probably never know.

"You'll see tomorrow morning." he smirked coming over and diving into the water surrounding us. He grabbed my feet and pulled me under water with him, wrapping his arms around my middle and pulling us back up and above.

We were honestly too close for current comfort, yet I couldn't get myself to tell him to let go. Our noses were touching, as I grinned at him, whilst he looked back at me, the same grin plastered on his face. I could see a glint of mischief in his eyes and questioned why, though he pulled me back under again, as I kicked to try and get myself back up. The explanation at hand.

I came back up for a breath with him, as he started kissing me again. The first time after the kiss in the large law firm building. We hadn't talked about what we were or what we were going to tell people who saw, though I decided to not care. I wanted to act like this was just us. No one else around. Just us wanting to be close to each other, no one stopping us, no one judging, no one asking questions. I deepened the kiss, as Grayson pulled me closer, yet that wasn't possible and I knew he had acknowledged that, though it didn't stop him from trying. He pulled away carefully, leaving a gap for us to breathe, as I giggled.

I felt electric, as he ran his fingers up and down my arms, making me relax happily under his touch. I dug my nails into Gray's back lightly, as I felt his back tense and then relax again, whilst he left small kisses down my neck. This was a different side to him and I didn't like when he went back to his 'annoyed with the world' stance, though I couldn't stop him and just had to learn to accept it. Never allowing myself to forget these moments and always making sure I enjoyed them was key to whatever we were. Maybe it wasn't the best, though I definitely wasn't the best person for him either. He could've got any wealthy person he would've wanted, though I had to remind myself, that he had chosen me, as he placed his lips back onto mine, making me sigh contently. Even if he wasn't just yet, he would be mine. 

(30/4/23)