42

I felt, as my back pressed against the wall. Grayson's lips traced my neck, as I let out a moan. My fingers played with his hair, as I let him hoist me up. His hands held me by the waist underneath my shirt. It was like stars aligning every time we kissed. I couldn't help wanting more of him each time. His lips made their way back to mine, letting me bite his lower lip. Grayson cupped my face, deepening the already heated kiss.

I had tried to talk to him about some things, though somehow a make-out session had begun. Honestly, I wasn't complaining. It seemed he had a match in him and I was keen on kindling it with the according box.

His fingers trailed up my thigh, resting at the top. His grip tightened, as I whimpered. The kiss felt like it was burning my lips. I was pretty sure I felt them swell lightly.

A knock sounded on the door, leading Grayson to quickly drop me back onto the floor, as I let out a mutter of complaints.
"Quickly." I rushed, as Grayson ran into the secret passage, which led out of my room. I pushed my skirt back down and flattened out my hair and top, rushing towards the door. I unlocked it and looked outside to see Avery and Jameson standing there, both waiting for entry.

"Grayson in?" Jameson walked past me, Avery following him.

"Nope, haven't seen him." I lied. I wasn't going to let them know what had just been happening. This was not for them to know.

"You look like a mess." Avery countered, as I tried to keep my face calm. I couldn't just reply with: 'Why thank you dear sister.' That would be obvious.

"Well I was getting changed to go and swim, so I locked my door and tried to get changed. Then I had to run back out here to answer your knock." I replied. She didn't seem to believe anything that was coming out of my mouth, so I decided to shut it.

"Very believable, Little Li." Jameson winked, as he headed towards my desk and sat down.
"Now, where's Gray?"

"I told you, no clue." I shook my head again.
"Liar, liar, pants are on fire." Avery dragged out the last word, with a large grin on her face.

"I'm not lying." I laughed, as Avery looked at me with an unimpressed face.

"Your lips are swollen and if we searched for Grayson, I'm pretty sure he'd look the same." Avery grimaced, probably realising what Grayson and I got up to.

"Happen often?" Jameson questioned, as I played dumb.

"Does what happen often?"
"Make-out sessions where one of you runs off into a secret passage." he stood and headed towards the passage Grayson had used just a few minutes beforehand. Dammit.

"There was no make-out session. Especially not one where Grayson would run away, through a secret passage. Honestly." I watched him open the passage and peer inside.

"Care to take the passage then, if you're so confident?"
"I dislike tight spaces."
"Do you panic in them?" he questioned, as I shook my head.

"Then we're taking the passage."
"What about John and Oren? What about my shoulder?" I rushed, trying to find excuses. It wasn't a lie that my shoulder was sore. Obviously being pushed against the wall was probably not recommended by doctors, but I think trying to climb through a tunnel would be considered even worse.

"John and Oren will follow us through the halls, they're not idiots and for your shoulder; you'll survive climbing through a passage with it. You're crouching down and as I understand, you don't do that with your shoulder."

"I'm not following you, just to risk hurting myself further". I shook my head. Avery shrugged, walking over to Jameson.

"Come on." she held out her hand expectingly towards me.

"I hate you all." I muttered, grabbing her hand. We all climbed into the tunnel and followed Jameson to what seemed to be Grayson's room.

"Morning dear brother." Jameson exited the tunnel, Avery and I following him.

"Morning." Grayson said, as he sorted multiple stacks of papers. He looked exceptionally put together. It seemed he had used the time wisely. The time I had not been able to get, before answering the door.

"Your girlfriend, my sister, is a mess." Avery stated, as Grayson finally looked up and searched for me. I could tell he wanted to laugh, though stopped himself before admitting to everything.

"Is that my problem?" he questioned. I couldn't believe my eyes when I managed to see, that he had somehow found the time to put makeup on his face. His lips not looking swollen at all.

"Well if you didn't make out with her, she's got a lot of explaining to do." Jameson looked mildly bored.

"Are you suggesting she's cheating on me?", Grayson crossed his arms looking at me, "Because I don't believe she's capable of doing that."

"Excuse you, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would date me." I looked at him, as he shook his head with a laugh.

"I wasn't denying the fact, that there are people who would date you. Im sure there's a long line of people who would love the chance. However your heart wouldn't allow you, neither your brain." Grayson got back to his papers, as Avery and Jameson looked towards me.

"Told you I haven't seen him today." I muttered, as they seemed to start doubting their beliefs.

"Well I guess we'll just ignore your terrible appearance." Avery thought aloud and headed towards Grayson's papers, picking one up.

"Sheffield Grayson?" she questioned, as Grayson's eyes went wide.

"Give me that." he held out his hand, though Avery kept the paper in her hands.

"Why would you need to look at someone's profile? Is he a donor?" Avery questioned.

"Avery, give it back to him." I muttered, as she looked over.

"It's just a profile." she shrugged.

"Hand it over." Grayson rounded on her, as I watched the scene unfold with Jameson. I didn't know what this paper entailed, but it seemed to be important.

"Avery, leave it." I shook my head, as Grayson tried to get the paper back.

"Don't you want to know who he is?" she looked towards me, as I gritted my teeth.

"It doesn't seem to concern us, so hand it over."
"But I want to know."

I watched, as Grayson took the paper out of her hands.

"Both of you out!" he waved his hand towards the door and got back behind the table.

"Really? You're that upset?" Jameson looked confused. Grayson looked up, jaw now tense, as he watched Jameson tilt his head.

"Out." he spoke, his eyes not leaving the two of them.

"Grayson." I looked towards him, though he held up his hand, motioning me to stop talking.

"Fine, we'll talk another time." Avery grumbled and headed towards the door. Jameson followed her and closed the door as they left.

"Gray?" I questioned, walking towards him.

"Don't ask." he mentioned, as I held up my hands in surrender. It was eerily like when he had mentioned to never talk about Emily Laughlin. I just repeated the actions from that time.

"You alright though?"
"Fine." I huffed, as he kept sorting papers.

"Come on. We haven't eaten yet, let's go." I grabbed his hand and tried to pull him with me.

"I'd like to stay here, if that's alright." he stopped to look at me. I sighed and headed towards the door, after letting go of his hand.

"I'll bring you some food. A croissant sound good?" he nodded, letting me leave the room. Outside the door I sighed. I had a guess to who Sheffield Grayson was, but it didn't seem like I would figure that out anytime soon.

(11/8/23)