5

"They're pretty aren't they?" Avery states, as she looks around my room.

"Who?" I ask her. She roll her eyes: "The boys."

"Sure. Pretty jerks." I laugh. She places herself on the edge of my bed.

"Jameson and Xander are nice." she tells me. I shrug, I haven't really talked to them.

"How did you sleep the first night?" she asks changing the topic. I sigh.

"Didn't." I reply, she stares at me.

"You're the epitome of sleep? What did you do instead?" she asks loudly.

"Went to the library." I tell her, directing her gaze to the book in my lap.

"Harry Potter 1? I thought you already read that." she states, I nod.

"Grayson Hawthorne handed it to me." I shrug.

"Why do you call him that?" she asks me with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"Because he calls me Ms. Cege, so I'll call him Mr. Hawthorne."
She rolls her eyes: "That's ridiculous."

"I don't find that." I tell her with a laugh. She just smirks not saying anything.

*

Entering my wardrobe, I look around trying to find a swim suit. I want to go for a swim in one of the pools. I've been told there are a few and John said he would bring me to one. I look through the racks and draws searching for something. After what feels like an hour, I finally find a two piece. The price tag is still attached, even though it's apparently a custom, though that explains the price. 100 dollars for a swimsuit? I don't think I'll ever get used to these prices.

I take the bikini and pull it on, tying the strings together at the back and pulling my blonde hair into a pony tail. Bonnie was right. Black's a good colour on me.

I pull a dress over myself, grabbing a towel and leaving the wardrobe. That sounds weird.

"Can you lead me to the pool please?" I ask John, after exiting my room. He nods and starts walking towards the left. After an unnormal amount of turns we finally make it to a glass sliding door. John unlocks it and lets me step outside. The pool is also abnormally large, the fact this house has more is ridiculous.

"Thank you." I nod. John steps to the side, still close enough to keep me safe, yet far enough for some privacy. I'm sure I'll get used to it at some point. Pulling the dress off my body, I dive into the water. It's quite nice and cool, helping to fight off the hot texan weather.

I swim around for a while, diving and doing my rounds, at some point I just float up top, my face to the sun. I open my eyes, as I hear a sliding door open. I look up and am met with the cold grey eyes from last night.

"Are you going to keep staring?" I ask, as he shakes his head, changing his eye direction to the garden behind me. I swim over to the side as I place myself onto the edge.

"Since when do you swim?" he finally asks. I shrug: "Couple years."

He nods, going back to looking at the water. "Give me a minute." he tells me, reentering his room. I didn't know his room was just above the pool. Maybe there was a reason for it's location. For him having a balcony above the pool.

I dive back in, staying under for a moment and then coming back up for air. My back turned from the door, I stare at the garden. It was beautiful. It must've taken years to perfect and forever to keep tame.

My thoughts are interrupted, as there's a splash behind me. I turn, ready to see John running towards me, thinking there was a shooter. Though he's calmly standing by the wall. The same place he's been for an hour now. I should start telling him to sit down. It can't be healthy what he's doing. 

From beneath the water, Grayson Hawthorne pops out. His hair's now wet, shirt off and in swim shorts.

"You should really warn people, Hawthorne." I tell him, though he just chuckles. How can this man go from hating me and wanting me gone, to having a joyful conversation with me.

"And you should learn to use people's names." he grins. He can laugh? And be happy? He must love the water.

"Fine, Grayson. You should stop using people's names too." I tell him with a smirk. He just shakes his head with a laugh. He dives back down, swimming to the other side. He seems to be an excellent swimmer.

"Up for a race?" I ask him. I don't think I've ever seen a smile that big. He nods his head enthusiastically. I swim over to the edge and get out. We each take a side, as I ask him how many laps.

"10." he tells me. I agree.

"Go!" I yell. I swim quickly from side to side. Kicking off again, every time I hit the corner. At the end we seem to jump out at the same time.

"I win!" I yell. He shakes his head: "I definitely did."

He looks serious and I laugh at how he took it so seriously. It wasn't meant to be that serious.

"For the record Lieta won." I hear John shout over. I grin: "Ha!"

Grayson's mouth gapes at my bodyguard. Before I know it, the Hawthorne runs over grabbing me by the waist, throwing me into the water.

"Arse!" I yell, as I come up for air, choking on the water I had just accidentally swallowed.

He's doubled over in laughter and I couldn't help but think, that he was so much more beautiful, when he was happy. I don't think he shows it often. I swim over, as he's still laughing. Grabbing his legs, I pull him under water.

"Li!" he yells. I liked the nickname. It was a new one. I just grin, as he coughs. I'm not the only one who's swallowed water now.

"Get a room!" I hear someone yell, I look up to see Avery and Jameson on the balcony. They're smirking, especially Avery as she grins at me.

"We could say the same to you!" Grayson yells up.

"Shut up!" Jameson grins, pulling my sister back inside. I tilt my head in thought. I should realise things better, I'm a bit oblivious. Especially when it comes to love. Even more by other people.

"Your lips are purple, we should get out." he tells me. I shrug. I never really got out, when my lips weren't their usual pink. So why now?

"No." I tell him, swimming away from him, though he catches up quickly.

He swims over, snaking an arm around me. He pulls me to the side, as my face flushes a light pink. Not now!

"I do swim, remember?" I tell him, yet I'm hoping he'll keep hold of me.

"Of course, princess." he says, pulling me up and out of the water with him. The pink covering my cheeks grows darker at the nicknames he's giving me.

He lets go of me and I try to ignore his body and the muscles he has, as I grab my towel and dry myself off.

"See you." he tells me, his face is back to what it was before, cold and stern. Distant, like he's protecting himself from something. Though there's a hint of joy laced in his tone.

"Smile more." I tell him, as he enters the house. He really should.

(21/8/22)