15

„We're here." John tells Grayson and me, as we park in front of the big white building.

„Let's go read that will." Grayson mutters getting out of the car. I follow suit and brush down the wrinkles in my dress, as photos of us are taken.

„How does it feel to be one of the richest teens in America?"
„Why are you only seen with Grayson Hawthorne?"
„Will you be at the next cricket event?"
„Are you happy with your bids at the auction?"
„Are you engaged to Grayson-"

„Jeez they think we're engaged." I laugh, as the doors close behind us.

„I'm the only one they've seen you with. That's why your sister is apparently married to Jameson."

„That's disgusting." I tell him, making Grayson laugh.

„You think that, because she's your sister."

„I think that because Jameson is much too childish." I explain, as we walk towards the room with the will.

„The door will be closed whilst you're both in here." John nods. We thank him and walk into the large room, sitting on top of one small table is the will.

„Also true, but Ms. Grambs probably thinks the same about us." Grayson shakes his head with a laugh, as I look away again. I'm not doing this.

„Stop it." I tell him annoyed.

„Stop what?" Grayson turns to me, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow.

„You know what." I shake my head and start walking towards the table. I hear him laugh, as he follows me.

I pull the will closer and feel as Grayson places himself directly behind me. Our bodies touching.

„Grayson." I mutter, though he just laughs.

„Let's read the will." he tells me.

I read and read. He seems to be doing the exact same thing, as his eyes scan the document.

*

„Let's go." Grayson pulls me out of the room.

„Where to? We have no idea what the clues mean." I tell him, as I pull my arm out of his grip.

„I do and if you trust me, we'll get out of here and find those clues." he looks over at me, his eyes are almost pleading. What had he found?

„I'm supposed to just trust you, when I don't have a slight idea of what that will means?!"

„Yes!" Grayson yells making me step back.

„Please just trust me on this one." he stares at me, as I nod slowly. Why am I nodding?

„Come on." he pulls me out of the door, walking towards the car. The crowd had thinned, though that meant better photos.

„Back to the house please." Grayson mutters, as he rubs his eyes and I shake my head. This was ridiculous.

*

„You both seem to be in a rush." Jameson yells from the other corridor, as Grayson and I run through the halls of the large house.

„None of your business!" Grayson yells back, pulling me further down the hallway.

„In here." he tells me. He walks into a room, I wait for him to tell me where we are, though he never does.

„Where are we?" I ask, as he seats himself into one of the chairs.

"Office. My office." he corrects, pulling out multiple pieces of paper.

The room had shelves lining each wall, filled to the brim with books. They were sorted by the alphabet, you could tell. The floor was stone and the table out of old oak. It was one of the most mesmerising offices I had come across.

"Sit." Grayson pats the seat next to him with his hand, not letting his eyes leave the paper he was writing on.

I sit down, watching as he scribbled down information. Westbrook, Davenport, Winchester and Blackwood.

They lit up, but I forgot where I had heard them before.

"Why are they important again?" I ask unsure of the words in front of me, as Grayson creates mind maps for each of them.

"Our middle names. Also Locations, some of them are within the property lines, some are properties outside of this one." he explains, as I watch him scribble words down, which I can't read.

"Properties, which you own." he turns to me, as I stare.

"That's mental." I mutter, as Grayson stands up laughing.

"Everything that man decided to do, was mental." he walks over to one of the shelves, looking for something.

It's a wall filled with folders. He traced each one with his fingers, trying to find I'm supposing the correct one. I watch, as he pulls out a black one, he brings it to the table and lies it down.

"Map of the house." he explains, as he opens out one of the pages, it was humongous once you folded it open. An A2 sheet at least.

"Westbrook." Grayson mutters, as the door opens.

"Why are you talking about Nash?" Jameson stalks in, Avery following closely behind.

"No reason." Grayson tells him, folding up the map and closing the folder.

"Where were you?" Avery asks. I open my mouth to answer, though Grayson clamps his hand over my mouth.

"Nowhere." he replies, making me roll my eyes.

"You gonna let her talk?" Jameson questions, as Grayson doesn't make any suggestion that he will remove his hand.

I shake my head no, as if it was obvious.

"This a normal occurrence?" Avery questions, as I widen my eyes shaking my head violently.

"Will you leave?" Grayson asks, though Jameson just shakes his head.

"Not until you tell us what you've found."

"Will we need to have a brawl?" Grayson raises his eyebrow.

"That's unnecessary." Avery says worriedly, as I nod my head.

"I don't think it's that unnecessary." Jameson takes off his jacket, as Grayson removes his suit jacket, after removing his hand

"Grayson!" I tell him, after he's removed his hand from my mouth.

"You girls may want to leave." Jameson tells us, as he pulls up his sleeves.

"This is stupid!" Avery shakes her head, as I nod agreeing with her.

"Not as stupid, as telling them what we've found. You may want to leave sweetheart." Grayson pulls my chair out, waiting for me to leave.

"We're not leaving. This can be fixed without a fight." Avery tell them.

"Some things are just brotherly things." Jameson sighs, waiting for us to leave.

"Grayson!"
"Jameson!"

Avery and I say at the same time. They just stare at us, waiting for us to leave.

"Idiots." I mutter getting up and leaving the room, Avery following behind.

(4/12/22)